The Student Room Group

Mphil Genomic medicine Cambridge 2024 interviews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous #5
Informal, in what way? I'm so nervous to, what did the interview consist of? What questions did he help you with? Can I DM you?

YEs DM
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous #1
hi, has your offer gone through PAO and how does the unofficial offer look like, did the status change on the portal?

nope it has not gotten to PAO. just decision pending and it has been driving me crazy!
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous #1
Not yet.. Still waiting

hello, have u been notified of ur interview outcome? I got in unofficially. awaiting my offer from PAO
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by hfjkkkllkl
yes i did!

That's amazing!! How did you find it? How did you prepare in the end? I have mine next week.
Original post by hfjkkkllkl
YEs DM

DM'd
How was everyone’s interview? I flunked mine so I am not getting an offer lol
Original post by Anonymous
Hi omg may I know when did you do the interview and when did you receive the rejection? Cuz I did my interview on late March, and i haven’t heard back yet

same here. was asked a lot more technical questions that i wasn't expecting
Hi omg may I know when did you do the interview and when did you receive the rejection? Cuz I did my interview on late March, and i haven’t heard back yet

I just did it yesterday and way to rub salt lol I havent been formally rejected haha. He mentioned they will let us know after the 15th

I can’t stop thinking how stupid i am. Not expecting an offer now
I just did it yesterday and way to rub salt lol I havent been formally rejected haha. He mentioned they will let us know after the 15th

Oh cuz for my interview, he said he will let us know by 8th/9th April, but your date may be more accurate, cuz I did my interview before you. Have faith and trust !!!
I wasn't expecting the technical questions. Beside that I think the interview went ok. It's also funny as I as done much preparation and questions on what I had covered were not asked, but they did implicitly help.
I can’t stop thinking how stupid i am. Not expecting an offer now

What did you do? It can't have been that bad. And to have been selected for the interview shows you have have ability:smile:

Yes, I wasn't expecting a technical question since I hadn't covered the material in a few years. How did you find the rest of the interview?

How do you think it went? Maybe you're just being too hard on yourself??

Mine went ok, I wasn't expecting one of the technical questions since I hadn't covered the material in years. What do you think went wrong in yours?
Original post by FinTechDLT
What did you do? It can't have been that bad. And to have been selected for the interview shows you have have ability:smile:

Actually do we know what’s the proportion of candidates being selected for interview? Like i wonder if all the people being invited for the interview will be admitted honestly cuz the questions they asked are genuinely more informal. So does that imply as long as we perform normally, offer will be given
Actually do we know what’s the proportion of candidates being selected for interview? Like i wonder if all the people being invited for the interview will be admitted honestly cuz the questions they asked are genuinely more informal. So does that imply as long as we perform normally, offer will be given

I'm not too sure. Some people have mentioned receiving positive responses after the interview within 2 weeks, whilst other have mentioned not hearing back 3+ weeks after the interview. It leads me to believe the interview plays a part in the selection process. But you could be correct in your observation.
Original post by FinTechDLT
How do you think it went? Maybe you're just being too hard on yourself??

I had a strong start but then it kind of went downhill when he asked me about the graph questions. It was a simple linear regression curve and I just blanked. He asked me a few more questions I don't remember but I think he responded to one with "good answer". I don't know if it was a compliment lol because I was feeling the embarrassment strongly haha. Even if I receive an offer I doubt I will receive any funding. so no hopes anymore
I had a strong start but then it kind of went downhill when he asked me about the graph questions. It was a simple linear regression curve and I just blanked. He asked me a few more questions I don't remember but I think he responded to one with "good answer". I don't know if it was a compliment lol because I was feeling the embarrassment strongly haha. Even if I receive an offer I doubt I will receive any funding. so no hopes anymore

Really, and beside the initial and follow up questions regarding the graph how do you feel the interview went? I also struggled withthat question. hahah, yeah I felt embarrassed too. Have you been looking at other ways to fund the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending