The Student Room Group

Oxford 2024 DPhils (Law & Socio-legal)/BCL/MSCs/MJUR/MPhil/MLF Applicants

Thought of creating this thread for individuals who are considering applying to Oxford's Faculty of Law postgraduate programs for Michaelmas 2024.

Scroll to see replies

Any movements or it is still early....
Reply 2
Hi guys, internal applicant here, progressing from the BCL. Has anybody heard back yet?
Anyone heard anything for DPhil (Law)?
Reply 4
Original post by AngelatheCat
Anyone heard anything for DPhil (Law)?

Judging by previous years, it is unlikely we will hear back until March. Are you an internal or external applicant?
Original post by oxstudent
Judging by previous years, it is unlikely we will hear back until March. Are you an internal or external applicant?

Okay, thank you. I was curious if that 8-10 week waiting period has earlier decisions. I'm an external applicant.
Still nothing on my end.
Reply 7
hey guys, just letting you know that my supporting documents button disappeared either Monday or Tuesday!
Original post by bus202
hey guys, just letting you know that my supporting documents button disappeared either Monday or Tuesday!
Thanks for the update and good luck!! If you're comfortable sharing, did you apply to an MPhil or DPhil?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #3
Thanks for the update and good luck!! If you're comfortable sharing, did you apply to an MPhil or DPhil?
I’m applying for the MSc!
Original post by bus202
I’m applying for the MSc!
Hello!
Could you please tell, what is your course? MLF?
Reply 11
Original post by Nemo 777
Hello!
Could you please tell, what is your course? MLF?
yes!
Original post by bus202
yes!
It is very interesting! Mine is still there. Besides, the decisions of the previous years have been made on a middle March (on previous year buttons disappeared on March 9).
Reply 13
Original post by Nemo 777
It is very interesting! Mine is still there. Besides, the decisions of the previous years have been made on a middle March (on previous year buttons disappeared on March 9).
yes that is why I was super unexpected! I normally check my button every Friday but got a feeling to check it today and it was gone. maybe they are a week ahead of schedule this year? still have had no outcome yet (acceptance or rejection)!
I also have not hear the outcome! I will be very thankful, if you inform about any news!
Original post by bus202
yes that is why I was super unexpected! I normally check my button every Friday but got a feeling to check it today and it was gone. maybe they are a week ahead of schedule this year? still have had no outcome yet (acceptance or rejection)!
I've been told by a member of the Law Fac not to expect to hear back until mid-March.

If this helps anyone, the bulk of acceptances were sent out on 17th March for the BCL last year, but they sent a fair amount of rejections before then
Also a couple of my friends have received invitations for interviews for the MPhil Law programme (which is unusual as they only usually interview for MPhil Socio-Legal Studies), but both of their proposals were specific to medical law, so I'm not sure whether a couple of us can expect to be interviewed for the DPhil, not sure. This has never been the case before. :/
Hi! has anyone heard about interviews for the MPhil in sociolegal research?
Does anyone know why they are doing interviews for Mphil in Law, and if they affect acceptance?
Original post by oxstudent
Also a couple of my friends have received invitations for interviews for the MPhil Law programme (which is unusual as they only usually interview for MPhil Socio-Legal Studies), but both of their proposals were specific to medical law, so I'm not sure whether a couple of us can expect to be interviewed for the DPhil, not sure. This has never been the case before. :/
Are you sure these are interviews for MPhil Law, and not Socio-Legal?

Have you heard of interviews for DPhil Law in this cycle?

Since you are in Oxford, can you please share what you know about the selection criteria for
MPhil Law
DPhil Law

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending