The Student Room Group

Can I change my course at cleaning?

Hi, I’ve sent my application for UCAS to do midwifery, I don’t have much hopes I will get onto the course, as it is very competitive and I probably don’t have the best grades compared to others. If I did end up getting declined by all my 5 options, does anyone know if I could go through clearing to do Nursing instead as it is not as competitive as midwifery, or even change to a completely different course like education.
Original post by catherine4285
Hi, I’ve sent my application for UCAS to do midwifery, I don’t have much hopes I will get onto the course, as it is very competitive and I probably don’t have the best grades compared to others. If I did end up getting declined by all my 5 options, does anyone know if I could go through clearing to do Nursing instead as it is not as competitive as midwifery, or even change to a completely different course like education.

Yes you can change course in clearing. Many do..
I am in a similar situation, I applied for nursing but now I want to go to a different university and i'm considering going through clearing.
From what i've read nursing has seen a big decrease in applications in the past couple of years, which is a worry for the NHS but a good thing for us in this situation. Many prestigous unis (KCL, manchester ect.) went though clearing last year but for any other course they usually would not. Even if you do not have the best grades, I have a good feeling that you will be able to get into a nursing course.
Also if you still want to be a midwife after uni, there is a short course you can take that will qualify you to become a midwife, so you can still do that in the future too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending