The Student Room Group

Helix piercing bump

I got my helix pierced in October and I cleaned it every night as instructed. The piercer said to wait about 6 months to change it so the other week I tried to take the earring out but it’s really really stuck. It’s very sore to touch and I have a small bump on the back, where the back of the earring is sitting. When it was first done I had a lot of room to move the earring about but now i can’t.
Also, there’s green/white crust around it. I’m a bit worried about it but I would feel bad going to see my GP because of Corona, especially if it turns out that this is just a normal thing to happen, so can anyone help??
you could message your piercer x
It's probably a keloid. Try cleaning with sea salt water (not table salt) and then apply an aspirin paste with clean hands. Crush the aspirin tablet and add a little bit of water to make it into a paste. When I get bad keloids I like to put on aspirin paste before I sleep so then it can sit overnight and it works wonders. However, don't over clean, twice a day maximum I would say
Original post by Anonymous #1
I got my helix pierced in October and I cleaned it every night as instructed. The piercer said to wait about 6 months to change it so the other week I tried to take the earring out but it’s really really stuck. It’s very sore to touch and I have a small bump on the back, where the back of the earring is sitting. When it was first done I had a lot of room to move the earring about but now i can’t.
Also, there’s green/white crust around it. I’m a bit worried about it but I would feel bad going to see my GP because of Corona, especially if it turns out that this is just a normal thing to happen, so can anyone help??
Hi, if you wanna know that you need to do, if you have piercing bump.
Read this, how to heal piercing bump.

Quick Reply

Latest