The Student Room Group

Felt like I didn’t do well in an exam

So im in my final year at university and i just completed an exam. And it went appalling. There wasn’t a clock in the exam room so I had no idea how long was left and struggled managing my time. I feel this significantly impacted my performance as I started getting stressed as I didn’t know the time. I asked the individualaotrs the time and they weren’t very helpful, ie they said “couple minutes until 12”, couple minutes past 11 etc, I’d prefer something a little more precise such as it’s 11:07, but I guess that’s my fault for not communicating.

Anyway, I wanted to apply for EC as I found it to be a distribution in the exam. Assuming my application gets approved, I’d be given the chance to resit (which I don’t want to do, as I want to graduate in July) but I want to just try applying just in case I failed the module (honestly don’t think the exam went that terribly either, think I passed). So what i want to ask is would It be an option to resit or would i have to resit.

Also would applying for EC impact my current grade. Ie would they fail me on purpose.
Reply 1
ECs usually don't affect grades at all and indeed generally cannot affect grades: they are dealt with by people outside of the marking process (usually by PS staff rather than academics) and then ratified and applied by an independent exam board, which is itself moderated by an external examiner.
Reply 2
No EC form does not impact your grade but you could have it in your favour, if you have to resit it, your grade wont be capped at 40 or 50 percent depending on the university you going to. But think positive, and not negative. Mental health is taken seriously at university so i strongly advice you to get EC form as back up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending