The Student Room Group

Revision for GCSE advice

I am in year 10 and will be doing my Polish GCSE exam this year. The speaking component of my exam will take place at around the end of April or the beginning of May. The remaining parts of the exam will take place somewhere in June. I attend GCSE Poish classes on Saturdays. When should I start revising for the exam independently at home? Is it a good idea to spend my February half-term preparing for it? How long should I spend revising for it during my Easter holidays? Thanks!
Original post by VoiidDev
I am in year 10 and will be doing my Polish GCSE exam this year. The speaking component of my exam will take place at around the end of April or the beginning of May. The remaining parts of the exam will take place somewhere in June. I attend GCSE Poish classes on Saturdays. When should I start revising for the exam independently at home? Is it a good idea to spend my February half-term preparing for it? How long should I spend revising for it during my Easter holidays? Thanks!

Hi @VoiidDev

I would recommend starting as early as you can. You don't need to be doing intense revision for hours on end, especially at the beginning, but consistently chipping away at your revision as early as you can will save you some stress nearer the time.
Especially when learning a language - it's not something you can learn overnight - so if you try and do small bursts of revision over a longer period of time, you should find it will become more natural and fluent.

Of course, still have a break and time to rest over the February and Easter holidays! But I found revision little and often helped me cover the most content with minimal stress and procrastination.

Hope this helps, and good luck when the exams come around!

Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest