The Student Room Group

feeling lost after oxford rejection

deleted
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by mzbrown
so i applied for law at oxford. got rejected a few weeks back. feeling really awful and demotivated at school especially seeing as so so many of my friends got an offer. right now i have offers from nottingham and exeter. i’m waiting on warwick and bristol, i sort of feel just lost in the direction of my life. because, i really wanted to study law at oxford for the academic experience and also the opportunities it brings. i’m less so interested in the route of like becoming a solicitor after uni. of course it’s something im considering, but i was just so focused on the academic study of law and less passionate about the actual career of law (if that makes sense). so now, it’s like i just feel like ive wasted an opportunity with oxford as it was my dream future path. i don’t know what i really want to do with my life now. i just don’t really care for studying law at university of nottingham or exeter (which is where i currently have offers) because, despite nottingham being a cool student city, i wonder if it will propel me in the same way a degree from oxford would have. and like, with exeter , im an ethnic minority who is working class i just know i wouldn’t have a good time there lol. ugh.

i don’t know really. i’m currently praying for offers from warwick or ideally bristol but even that, im just worrying about what ill do after uni. i’m aiming for like success and a good salary and to be able to move out and im worried that the stuff ive heard about how useless a law degree is is correct. ahhh send help😭

Bro first of all, I am going to say there are thousands that get rejected from Oxford each year. I go to a grammar school and only 6 people got into Oxford out of 50 that applied. 3 were studying ******** courses like Portugese or German and 2 of them were disadvantaged and contextual. Bro just because you got rejected from awful, does not mean you are a failure or your life is over. If you spend your life worrying about the past you'll never succeed in life. Also, unis are a waste of time. Why would you bother getting yourself in ******** student debt, to get a piece of paper saying you got a degree, coupled with the fact over 40,000 students a year drop out of uni and 60% are unemployed for the first year, with £30,000-£40,000 to pay for the rest of their life? Bro you're better off picking yourself up bouncing back and getting a top degree apprenticeship at a Law Firm like Taylor Wessing or Weightmans. You've got this my bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending