The Student Room Group

Do I need to do anyhting else as a young carer

So I have submitted my application to university and have ticked the box that I am a young carer in my ucas application and have included how it has affected my learning in my academic reference. Is there anything else I need to do such as filling out any forms or sending a short paragraph of my circumstances? I am applying for UCL Durham Bath Loughborough and Lancaster. Thanks
I don’t think so unless the uni requests it specifically which they probably won’t
Reply 2
They will contact you if they need any further info.
Are you registered with your GP and social services? They will be able to help make sure that the person you care for is supported when you move away.
Original post by jake102:)
So I have submitted my application to university and have ticked the box that I am a young carer in my ucas application and have included how it has affected my learning in my academic reference. Is there anything else I need to do such as filling out any forms or sending a short paragraph of my circumstances? I am applying for UCL Durham Bath Loughborough and Lancaster. Thanks

Hi there,

You should be contacted if there is any further information needed.

It may be helpful to look into what sort of support each of the universities provide for young carers though. This is a link to more information on what Lancaster can potentially help with:
Student Carers - Lancaster University

Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending