The Student Room Group

Can I apply for uni under a contextual offer?

My dad is diabetic and I regularly help with various things such as making healthy meals and tablets and checking his blood sugar. I checked online and diabetes counts as a disability so am I eligible for a contextual offer?
If you can find a uni that uses ‘young carer’ as one of its contextual markers and you meet whatever criteria they have to qualify it, yes.
Original post by jake102:)
My dad is diabetic and I regularly help with various things such as making healthy meals and tablets and checking his blood sugar. I checked online and diabetes counts as a disability so am I eligible for a contextual offer?

Universities will have different criteria for contextual offers. Usually, to qualify as a young carer, you would have to care for someone with a significant disability who could not cope without your support, typically involving significant unpaid work. I'm not sure if you would qualify.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
If you can find a uni that uses ‘young carer’ as one of its contextual markers and you meet whatever criteria they have to qualify it, yes.

also what does the verification process look like?
They might want documents relating to things like:

Carer's Allowance
Young Carer's Grant
Confirmation letter from GP
Confirmation letter from school

It's not an exhaustive list, any uni that uses it as a criteria should be able to advise what they would look for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending