The Student Room Group

A-level "weird" combination (3 A-level subject included further math)

i have just done my SPM ( equivalent to year 11 program in my country) and wish to go for A-level , since i am not taking any science subject in my SPM , i can't take any bio phy chem in my A-level . As i love math and also econs (more on math ) , i wish to take math , fuether math and econs in my A-level , are this combination OK? I hope to go for math and econs related degree such as mathematics with economics or something . Is this combination ok? seems like some uni dont allow.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by qqqqqyyyyy
i have just done my SPM ( equivalent to year 11 program in my country) and wish to go for A-level , since i am not taking any science subject in my SPM , i can't take any bio phy chem in my A-level . As i love math and also econs (more on math ) , i wish to take math , fuether math and econs in my A-level , are this combination OK? I hope to go for math and econs related degree such as mathematics with economics or something . Is this combination ok? seems like some uni dont allow.

Which unis don't allow it?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Which unis don't allow it?
like NTU singapore? and a lot of pre-u college in my country dont even allowed FM be a third subject.
like NTU singapore? and a lot of pre-u college in my country dont even allowed FM be a third subject.

Oh, sorry. I just automatically assumed you were talking about UK universities (of which I don't know any which would disallow those three subjects for a mathematically-focussed degree).

If your question is about universities outside the UK, then I'll step aside and let others answer (as I have no knowledge of non-UK universities).
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Oh, sorry. I just automatically assumed you were talking about UK universities (of which I don't know any which would disallow those three subjects for a mathematically-focussed degree).
If your question is about universities outside the UK, then I'll step aside and let others answer (as I have no knowledge of non-UK universities).
basically all UK uni allow?just extra infor
basically all UK uni allow?just extra infor

There are 166 universities in the UK, most of which will offer undergraduate Mathematics or Economics or similar. I can't vouch for every single one, but I've not come across one which would be unhappy with those A levels for maths/economics-based degree. (Although if you were looking to take a non-maths/economics degree, it would be an issue for some.)

Are there any particular UK universities which you'd be interested in applying to?

Quick Reply

Latest