The Student Room Group

How likely is it that I will be able to do clearing?

I am applying to Gloucestershire University to do Sociology. The requirements are BCC to BBB. However, I don't think I have done anywhere near what they want for the grades (probably CEE at best). How likely is it that I will be able to get a place since Gloucestershire is lower in the rankings and a woman on the Clearing phone line was asked if I'd be able to get a place if my grades are bad and she said "it won't really matter". I also did Biology, Mathematics, and Geography at A-level, so it's not like I failed a Sociology A-level.
Hi @Grady2401,

With clearing it's difficult to say what your chances will be as during this period, uni's typically change entry requirements and there are a lot of different circumstances they take into consideration when offering clearing places such as the amount of students they have on the course and your grades.

As I say it can vary greatly by each uni so it's hard to say but with clearing you can try different universities and see which will offer you a place.

I hope this helps, but please feel free to ask any more questions you might have.

Best of luck!

Tom - Marketing and Content Assistant - Teesside University
Reply 2
Turns out I managed to get a place anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending