The Student Room Group

Bangor or Gloucestershire?

I'm a mature student (22) with autism. I've received offers from both Gloucestershire and Bangor for Conservation (wildlife and environmental, respectively, though they both more or less do the same thing). Now I'm stuck between them! There are pros and cons to both, more or less evenly stacked, and unfortunately I won't be able to visit them again before starting in September due to work.

I'd love to hear people's opinions! Both for the courses themselves, student life, and what the support is like for people with autism.
Reply 1
Are you really not able to visit? Where do you live?

I think that they are such different places that if you are in the U.K. at present it’s important to do so.
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Are you really not able to visit? Where do you live?

I think that they are such different places that if you are in the U.K. at present it’s important to do so.

I have visited them both for open days, but I'm working in Dartmoor now until the start of September and it's both too far for a day trip and too expensive, so I won't be able to visit again until the start of term.
Reply 3
Bangor. No question.
Excellent for Environmental subjects - probably one of the best in the UK for this area.

Gloucestershire is a tiny Uni not really known for anything.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Bangor. No question.
Excellent for Environmental subjects - probably one of the best in the UK for this area.

Gloucestershire is a tiny Uni not really known for anything.

See, I really loved that Gloucestershire was tiny! It had a really welcoming feel about it and it wasn't overwhelming like a lot of unis are. I totally get that Bangor is likely better course wise, but in terms of support and such - which I do need to be able to succeed - I'm wondering if it's better to be at a smaller place. Better to succeed at a smaller place than fail at a more renowned one, if that makes sense?

Hence why I'm looking for opinions from people who've gone to them, especially those with support needs!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending