The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

What is the games art course at Nottingham Trent like?

Ive got an offer from NTU to study Games Art, and was wondering what the course, teachers and facilities are like. Im also curious about the student life in Nottingham, and how LGBTQ friendly and international it is.
Original post by Tom_E04
Ive got an offer from NTU to study Games Art, and was wondering what the course, teachers and facilities are like. Im also curious about the student life in Nottingham, and how LGBTQ friendly and international it is.

Hi @Tom_E04 👋

Congrats on your offer 🎉

Our Games Art course focuses on developing your creative and artistic skills with both 2D and 3D art across a range of industry software and practices to help you develop your professional portfolio. Employability is an important part of the course, with your teaching including live projects and trips, and the opportunity to exhibit your work, which will help to raise your profile and enhance your future career.

In terms of facilities, you'll be taught in our new Design and Digital Arts Building (opening for 2024 entry) which features state-of-the-art collaborative studio spaces and technology suites allowing you to explore and work with industry-standard technology on your projects.

Nottingham's a culturally diverse student city with a vibrant mix of things to get involved with. On campus, you'll find a large, inclusive community that is supportive and safe for everyone. We've got students from across the world, with a dedicated "Global Lounge" building on campus where students can make friends from around the world and celebrate, organise and take part in student-focused cultural events.

I'd recommend visiting us at one of our upcoming Open Days to get a real feel for what it's like to study at NTU 🙂

You can book your place here

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thanks,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending