The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan, Nottingham Trent or Leeds Art for Game Art / Concept Art

I’m really struggling between deciding for Manchester Metropolitan (For Games Art) Nottingham Trent (For Games Art) and Leeds Arts university (For Comic and Concept Art). I want to take all factors into account.

A massive thing I want to know about is how friendly each of the areas are to students and how friendly the students themselves are as a general factor. But I would love to know anything about any of these universities and where they are situated that may help me to decide and any information from people who have taken any of the courses above would be amazing. Thank you.
Original post by Amu299
I’m really struggling between deciding for Manchester Metropolitan (For Games Art) Nottingham Trent (For Games Art) and Leeds Arts university (For Comic and Concept Art). I want to take all factors into account.

A massive thing I want to know about is how friendly each of the areas are to students and how friendly the students themselves are as a general factor. But I would love to know anything about any of these universities and where they are situated that may help me to decide and any information from people who have taken any of the courses above would be amazing. Thank you.

Hi @Amu299

Manchester's a bustling city with lots of students (over 100,000!!) and loads of stuff to do. You'll never be bored and there's loads of opportunities to make friends! Man Met is about 10 minutes walk from the City Centre and has a centrally located campus with restaurants, cafes and All Saints Park slap bang in the middle :smile:

Most first year students live in halls of residence which are located either on campus or very close to campus. Second and third years tend to move into private rented housing, typically in areas like Hulme, Rusholme, Fallowfield and Withington.

I'd recommend taking a look at our virtual campus tour to get a feel for the campus and chatting with our student ambassadors on The Ambassador Platform to get a feel for what it's like to study at Man Met.

I hope this helps!!

Chloe :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Both Manchester and Leeds are great cities for students. Manchester Met is in the heart of the city, and Leeds Art Uni is bang smack across the road from University of Leeds, which in turn is right next to Leeds Beckett, and all three of them are about 5 minutes walk from the city centre - so again, very central, lots to do.

I don't know a massive amount about Nottingham but it's a bustling city with more than one uni so I can imagine it having a similar vibe.

In terms of games art, of the three, Mancs is higher on the rankings:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2022/sep/24/best-uk-universities-for-animation-game-design-league-table
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending