The Student Room Group

Help needed

Hello I’m just asking ,if I quit my masters after receiving payment ,will I be eligible for phd funding
in the future by student finance .Thanks.
Hi there,

You can apply for a Doctoral loan as long as you haven't studied a PHD before at anytime since leaving further education. You wouldn't be eligible for another Masters course though (unless you've left due to reasons outwith your control). If you do quit your current course then please ask the university to notify us so we can block further payments from being released to you. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

You can apply for a Doctoral loan as long as you haven't studied a PHD before at anytime since leaving further education. You wouldn't be eligible for another Masters course though (unless you've left due to reasons outwith your control). If you do quit your current course then please ask the university to notify us so we can block further payments from being released to you. Thanks, Jason

Thank you very much and if I have been overpaid on the masters ,though I quit right after my loan came through,will the remaining balance be added to the earning threshold amount.Also is there any chance of an masters overpayment being deducted from a doctoral loan.
Original post by Mk lutra
Thank you very much and if I have been overpaid on the masters ,though I quit right after my loan came through,will the remaining balance be added to the earning threshold amount.Also is there any chance of an masters overpayment being deducted from a doctoral loan.

Hi there,

In most cases you won't get an overpayment for your Masters Loan, so this shouldn't be a problem.

The only way to be overpaid is if you get a payment after leaving your course. So long as you leave your course without getting the next due payment you won't be overpaid at all, rest assured.

Overpayments cannot be deducted from your new PhD course, but it's unlikely you'll be overpaid anyway.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending