The Student Room Group

Why does he act this way?

There's a guy that I am interested in at work. Whenever I see him, I always usually greet him first before he says anything to me. And he is usually polite but doesn't make an effort to keep conversations going when I initiate small talk. He is usually very talkative and extraverted with people and is not a shy person.

When I last saw him I didn't greet him straight away when seeing him as I saw him unexpectedly and looked down out of nervousness but then looked back up at him a couple of times but he didn't look at me at all. He just walked past me and then once he had passed and was out of view he finally said hi to me. Do you think he doesn't like me as it seemed like he would have ignored me completely until he finally passed me and then said something?
Are you new to this job? Perhaps he prefers getting to know people on a deeper level before the awkwardness of small talk goes away for him. I wouldn’t read too much into it anyway, men are strange. Who knows, he might just fancy you and be struggling with talking to you.
Original post by Anonymous #1
There's a guy that I am interested in at work. Whenever I see him, I always usually greet him first before he says anything to me. And he is usually polite but doesn't make an effort to keep conversations going when I initiate small talk. He is usually very talkative and extraverted with people and is not a shy person.

When I last saw him I didn't greet him straight away when seeing him as I saw him unexpectedly and looked down out of nervousness but then looked back up at him a couple of times but he didn't look at me at all. He just walked past me and then once he had passed and was out of view he finally said hi to me. Do you think he doesn't like me as it seemed like he would have ignored me completely until he finally passed me and then said something?

Best thing to do is imagine it isn’t bothering you and just act like that.. small talk is a good idea tho to break the ice. I think some people are just super awkward with new people, and you just have to take the first step. Say something funny and kinda different to the usual politeness to show your confident and fun to be around, and then if he still doesn’t respond or is still awkward then yeah maybe he just doesn’t want to talk to you, but at least you know!
it might be that he likes you, and he gets nervous around you
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
Are you new to this job? Perhaps he prefers getting to know people on a deeper level before the awkwardness of small talk goes away for him. I wouldn’t read too much into it anyway, men are strange. Who knows, he might just fancy you and be struggling with talking to you.

No I'm not new to the job and he's known me a while although we work in different areas so I don't think that it's awkwardness of not knowing me well he feels, especially as he is an outgoing person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending