The Student Room Group

He didnt reply to my birthday text?

I texted him on his birthday but he didn't respond to me. He was online until 2 am but no reaction or response to my text. I wrote happy birthday 🎂.

No reply.

He was also acting a bit weird on his birthday, He was at university, came early and was studying. Then got himself free food from a cheap stall and ate that. Then he was telling a friend that he's going to the post office to buy supplies and post a few papers. Later on, he simply wrote his essay and helped out a friend with his essay.

Last year, he was enjoying himself but this year he was acting different. Just the next day after his birthday, he worked 2 days 11 hour shifts at his part time job.

He started coming online after I texted him but he did not reply to me.

I am hurt and upset. Should I block him or am I overreacting?

Scroll to see replies

Do watch this guy through binoculars and go through his bins by any chance??

Spoiler

Overreacting - Isn't it obvious his attention is simply elsewhere?
Reply 3
Original post by Sorcerer of Old

Spoiler

Hes the one who keeps in touch with me. I am not the one.
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
Overreacting - Isn't it obvious his attention is simply elsewhere?

What do you mean by attention elsewhere? If it is, then why is he texting others and not me? If he doesnt want to talk, he can simply say please dont text and delete me.
Are you the same person who whined about their fwb hugging another girl? that post and comment section was wild.

Maybe he just didnt want to talk to you - Stop being a stalker creep and get on with life
Original post by durhamtravel
What do you mean by attention elsewhere? If it is, then why is he texting others and not me? If he doesnt want to talk, he can simply say please dont text and delete me.

No one said anything about texting others, just because someone is showing as online doesn't mean they want to talk, If he is working on essays and long shifts he is clearly busy, just kinda sounds like you're hunting about for a reason to make it about you.
Reply 7
Original post by himynameis20
Are you the same person who whined about their fwb hugging another girl? that post and comment section was wild.

Maybe he just didnt want to talk to you - Stop being a stalker creep and get on with life

I dont do fwbs and whats stalkerish in this. He was literally telling people about this loudly.
Reply 8
No one said anything about texting others, just because someone is showing as online doesn't mean they want to talk, If he is working on essays and long shifts he is clearly busy, just kinda sounds like you're hunting about for a reason to make it about you.

He was online till 2 am and hes working that time?
I dont do fwbs and whats stalkerish in this. He was literally telling people about this loudly.

Everyone's been telling you what's wrong with this. You're making it about you and you're coming across as a stalker
Reply 10
Everyone's been telling you what's wrong with this. You're making it about you and you're coming across as a stalker

You ignore people when they wish you happy birthday?
The air of familiarity is so strong that I sometimes wonder if I'm trapped in the matrix.
You ignore people when they wish you happy birthday?

Yes if Im busy. The world does not fcking revolve around you
Reply 13
Yes if Im busy. The world does not fcking revolve around you

You are busy but constantly online until 2 am?
He was online till 2 am and hes working that time?

Why would we have any idea what he is doing? It's not like he has to justify his actions or net use to you. I'm not super big on my own birthday and tend to take my time replying to messages and wall posts etc, I don't feel an obligation to run about thanking people for their messages.
Reply 15
Why would we have any idea what he is doing? It's not like he has to justify his actions or net use to you. I'm not super big on my own birthday and tend to take my time replying to messages and wall posts etc, I don't feel an obligation to run about thanking people for their messages.

But you do reply right? He flat out ignored it and then I constantly see him online on whtaspp
Reported for unconstructiveness

Likewise for discussion of mod activity.
Hes the one who keeps in touch with me. I am not the one.

Well it’s clear he isn’t keeping in touch when he ghosted you. Put the binoculars away and move on with your life.
Reply 18
Well it’s clear he isn’t keeping in touch when he ghosted you. Put the binoculars away and move on with your life.

He hasn't ghosted. He's still kept me in his contacts
Reply 19

Spoiler

:holmes: :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending