The Student Room Group

skincare pros, help me out

So i put suncream on everyday but i know i should re apply but i just don't. I have acne prone and dry skin. I've used a suncream stick to reapply (i've tried 3 viral ones) but they either took off my makeup or broke me out. I was wondering what sort of spray suncreams there are? As i think that would be easier putting it one and not distubring my makeup
Original post by Anonymous #1
So i put suncream on everyday but i know i should re apply but i just don't. I have acne prone and dry skin. I've used a suncream stick to reapply (i've tried 3 viral ones) but they either took off my makeup or broke me out. I was wondering what sort of spray suncreams there are? As i think that would be easier putting it one and not distubring my makeup

Hey I was in a similar situation a couple years back. I also have combination skin which means I have to use products which are very suited for my skin. Firstly, just because its viral does not mean it's ideal (largely they will work on only a few skin types and not work on others). I personally use Korean sunsticks (I found Abib to be the best) as they are generally much more gentler on the skin (especially works for dry skin). They possibly have sprays as well which could work (though personally i never liked sprays).

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hey I was in a similar situation a couple years back. I also have combination skin which means I have to use products which are very suited for my skin. Firstly, just because its viral does not mean it's ideal (largely they will work on only a few skin types and not work on others). I personally use Korean sunsticks (I found Abib to be the best) as they are generally much more gentler on the skin (especially works for dry skin). They possibly have sprays as well which could work (though personally i never liked sprays).

Hope this helps!

I USED THE ABIB ONE, maybe my makeup is the problem and not the suncream

If the foundation is the issue, try Dior Backstage. It's a bit pricey (~£30 a bottle I think) but you only need a tiny bit each time if you use a beauty blender so lasts like 6 months and it literally looks better as the day goes on. Meghan Markle used it for her wedding so tried it and I've been in love with it for years now.

Have u tried using a BB cream, it usually has a mixture of foundation, suncream and moisturiser giving a more nicer finish/dewy-clean finish. It does not mean you stop using suncream but it can help with maybe without taking off your makeup. There are some drug-store ones which are great and you can find in most stores

The worst thing you can say is that you've tried 'viral' products. Most likely, someone is getting paid to say a certain product is the best thing they've ever used. And even if they haven't, one type does not suit all.

https://www.boots.com/inspiration-advice/sun-and-holiday-inspiration/suncare-advice/how-to-reapply-sunscreen-over-make-up
Reply 6
I've found that spray sunscreens can be a real find for reapplying without disrupting makeup. Look for oil-free and non-comedogenic options specifically formulated for sensitive or acne-prone skin. Some even have hydrating ingredients to combat dryness. Personally, I've had success with brands like Neutrogena and La Roche-Posay. I also like Retin A Cream for acne issues, find info about it at the Canadian pharmacy. Before trying a new product, I recommend doing a patch test to ensure it won't irritate your skin.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest