The Student Room Group

no social life

I am a 16 year old girl

I am very happy with life - I enjoy school and I have friends
However I don't really leave the house apart from school and a 2 hour job at the weekend - is this normal? I love my friends but I don't really see them out of school, and when I am at home i either am studying or watching TV
I just don't enjoy going out and doing things - it makes me anxious

Is this normal?
Reply 1
It's completely normal for people to have different preferences when it comes to socializing and spending time outside the house. If you feel content and happy with your current routine and activities, there's nothing wrong with that. It's essential to prioritize what makes you comfortable and happy. I am 18, and I feel more at ease at home.
it's a lifestyle i would be fine living

if i'm interested in leaving the house more often, then i might do solitary activities such as gardening, swimming, running... maybe running with a friend
Reply 3
Original post by beautifulworld
it's a lifestyle i would be fine living

if i'm interested in leaving the house more often, then i might do solitary activities such as gardening, swimming, running... maybe running with a friend

You prefer to be alone, and there is nothing wrong with that. You are a calm person who chooses peace over everything, and that is what matters.
Reply 4
Original post by fox473
I am a 16 year old girl

I am very happy with life - I enjoy school and I have friends
However I don't really leave the house apart from school and a 2 hour job at the weekend - is this normal? I love my friends but I don't really see them out of school, and when I am at home i either am studying or watching TV
I just don't enjoy going out and doing things - it makes me anxious

Is this normal?

I think you always hear from the people who go out so it's easy to think that staying at home isn't 'normal'. As long as you're happy it doesn't matter! I've just started university and I don't go out clubbing, just to the pub with a small group of friends every once in a while, and I love that. Just because you're not doing what you think other people are doing doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong!

If you wanted to do more then it's just a case of finding stuff that you do want to, you shouldn't have to force yourself to go out and do stuff. Just try and do stuff that you want to do rather than what you think everyone else is doing.

Quick Reply

Latest