The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

lse or imperial

I have recieved an offer from lse maths and economics and an offer from imperial mathematics with statistics for finance. Which degree do you think will be more benficial in the future
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have recieved an offer from lse maths and economics and an offer from imperial mathematics with statistics for finance. Which degree do you think will be more benficial in the future
What were ur stats and when did you receive the LSE offer?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
id personally say imperial, but it does depend on the sector u want to go imto, both have great grad prospects. When did you get the imperial offer if u dont mind me asking and wat were your stats?
lse
Reply 4
Original post by Umar Dopey
id personally say imperial, but it does depend on the sector u want to go imto, both have great grad prospects. When did you get the imperial offer if u dont mind me asking and wat were your stats?
what sector would you say each uni is good for
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
what sector would you say each uni is good for

I'd recommend LSE for most IB roles, and imperial for more maths/STEM roles, including being a quant, actuary, data scientist etc. Both fantastic choices, but depends on what type of career you want to pursue, and of course which uni you think you will prefer, as you will be spending 3 years of your life there.
Reply 6
Original post by lalexm
I'd recommend LSE for most IB roles, and imperial for more maths/STEM roles, including being a quant, actuary, data scientist etc. Both fantastic choices, but depends on what type of career you want to pursue, and of course which uni you think you will prefer, as you will be spending 3 years of your life there.

is the social life in lse or imperial better?
Reply 7
is the social life in lse or imperial better?

Not sure, as I went to UCL many years ago. Neither of them have a great reputation for social life, but they are both in London, so similar in that sense, and as always, it is what you make of them. If you make an effort to attend and arrange social events, there is no reason not to have a good social life at either of them. If you don't, you won't.
Original post by lalexm
Not sure, as I went to UCL many years ago. Neither of them have a great reputation for social life, but they are both in London, so similar in that sense, and as always, it is what you make of them. If you make an effort to attend and arrange social events, there is no reason not to have a good social life at either of them. If you don't, you won't.

Which degree did you complete at UCL

I go to LSE (but I don't do maths or econ) but would recommend it if you're looking to go into finance/IB, simply because there are so many talks/events here that guide you through the application process.
In terms of social life, LSE can be extremely cliquey due to it being so international, but I imagine the story is similar at Imperial. One of my close friends goes to Imperial so I sometimes visit and I'd say the social scene is quite similar at both unis. Neither offers the typical social uni experience, but if you put in effort to make friends from the beginning you'll manage to still have a decent time.
My best advice is therefore to visit both universities to decide which is right for you as well as considering which degree you'd enjoy more. If the official offer holder days have passed or you cannot make them, just have a walk around both campuses (although both unis are on Easter break until the end of April) to get a sense of the vibe. Reach out to people studying both courses on LinkedIn too to ask them how difficult/enjoyable the degree is etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending