The Student Room Group

Not sure want to do in my future

@04MR17 I don’t wanna get in anything construction and have lots of physics and mathematics and law essays and doctor I am thinking of pharmacy and biomedical scientist only those 2 in healthcare and in finance and accounting got chartered accountant to financial controller but how much math do controllers have in there job same to branch manager thoughts and in tech got software engineer project manager cybersecurity and devops

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brianstudy01
@04MR17 I don’t wanna get in anything construction and have lots of physics and mathematics and law essays and doctor I am thinking of pharmacy and biomedical scientist only those 2 in healthcare and in finance and accounting got chartered accountant to financial controller but how much math do controllers have in there job same to branch manager thoughts and in tech got software engineer project manager cybersecurity and devops

Thank you for setting up this thread, as and when further questions and thoughts come to you, post them as replies to this thread - rather than creating any more new discussions please. :smile:

Right to recap where we are:
- You are in year 11?
- You are thinking of choosing A Levels?
- You are thinking of going onto university in the future perhaps?
- You have a lot of questions about future careers - what is important to you in a career?
Reply 2
I wanna move from the uk when get good job bc of what’s currently going on like salaries are bad on what you get have to pay tax and I won’t mind the weather if you know hate too warm weather but wanna move from uk like I’ve heard countries like Canada UAE Kuwait Qatar and Saudi how is weather btw I hate warm???
Reply 3
Do I need geography gcse or a level to be a pro at real estate
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Like same but weather is cooler because ik Dubai is extremely hot and can’t live and handle there just for the money because it ain’t everything but still want good pay and move out from uk is shambles rn??
Like same but weather is cooler because ik Dubai is extremely hot and can’t live and handle there just for the money because it ain’t everything but still want good pay and move out from uk is shambles rn??

how old are you?
have you lived or been to dubai?
what type of job do you want or what job do you have?
Reply 6
Original post by jacksmith23
how old are you?
have you lived or been to dubai?
what type of job do you want or what job do you have?

In year 13 but thinking about future ahead and no I’ve never been to Dubai but would like to I love Dubai what it has except the extreme hotness which can affect if I do go to the UAE
In year 13 but thinking about future ahead and no I’ve never been to Dubai but would like to I love Dubai what it has except the extreme hotness which can affect if I do go to the UAE

dubai and the wider UAE has ac. in malls and a lot of areas. so the heat isn't as bad as it may be in daily life, living and more. in some aspects it may be better but your freedom would be restricted in some ways. honestly uk heat may be worse than dubai at times when you don't have ac.

dubai and the wealthy Gulf countries do enjoy less crime compared to the uk, and a few other benefits but eh.

it may be a good shout, but be careful about it.

nordic countries, switzerland, singapore, also fair shouts.

Reply 8
Original post by jacksmith23

dubai and the wider UAE has ac. in malls and a lot of areas. so the heat isn't as bad as it may be in daily life, living and more. in some aspects it may be better but your freedom would be restricted in some ways. honestly uk heat may be worse than dubai at times when you don't have ac.

dubai and the wealthy Gulf countries do enjoy less crime compared to the uk, and a few other benefits but eh.

it may be a good shout, but be careful about it.

nordic countries, switzerland, singapore, also fair shouts.

But I am Muslim wants mosques aswell and I like Dubai but the heat is too hot
I wanna move from the uk when get good job bc of what’s currently going on like salaries are bad on what you get have to pay tax and I won’t mind the weather if you know hate too warm weather but wanna move from uk like I’ve heard countries like Canada UAE Kuwait Qatar and Saudi how is weather btw I hate warm???

What you written doesn't seem to make that much sense. You also seem to be contradicting yourself e.g. you hate weather that's too warm, but you don't mind it.

Can you be clearer regarding what you are looking for?

Whilst I am not an expert at emmigration, I have read up a bit on it for Canada. What is is that you want to know?

Do note that all countries have their positives and drawbacks, so no place is really ideal.

If you want to look at general temperature ranges throughout the year, consider: https://map.worldweatheronline.com/
Do I need geography gcse or a level to be a pro at this

To work in real estate? No.
In most roles, you don't specifically need GCSEs in any specific subject. In some cases, you don't need any qualifications at all.

If you want to become a surveyor, it's recommended that you do RICs (or have a RICS accredited degree), but it's strictly not a requirement. If you do want to apply for a RICs accredited degree, you generally don't need A Levels in specific subjects.

If you want to become an urban planner, then they sometimes might ask for a related undergrad degree for the approved master's degree (some degrees are accredited by professional bodies) e.g. undergrad in geography. However, it's not always a requirement for all urban planning degrees.

If you want to become a civil or structural engineer, then you need to know maths and physics, not geography per se.

If it's architecture, then it's more about being good at design than anything else.

Don't get me wrong though, when I look at real estate, I would still use the knowledge that I picked up in Human Geography to help me make my life easier finding good locations. However, it's not strictly speaking going to be life changing or a strict requirement.

If you can be a lot more specific about what you want to do in real estate, then I can give you better pointers.
Reply 11
Original post by MindMax2000
What you written doesn't seem to make that much sense. You also seem to be contradicting yourself e.g. you hate weather that's too warm, but you don't mind it.

Can you be clearer regarding what you are looking for?

Whilst I am not an expert at emmigration, I have read up a bit on it for Canada. What is is that you want to know?

Do note that all countries have their positives and drawbacks, so no place is really ideal.

If you want to look at general temperature ranges throughout the year, consider: https://map.worldweatheronline.com/

I’m saying don’t want extreme hotness like some countries listed have so rule them of
Reply 12
Original post by MindMax2000
To work in real estate? No.
In most roles, you don't specifically need GCSEs in any specific subject. In some cases, you don't need any qualifications at all.

If you want to become a surveyor, it's recommended that you do RICs (or have a RICS accredited degree), but it's strictly not a requirement. If you do want to apply for a RICs accredited degree, you generally don't need A Levels in specific subjects.

If you want to become an urban planner, then they sometimes might ask for a related undergrad degree for the approved master's degree (some degrees are accredited by professional bodies) e.g. undergrad in geography. However, it's not always a requirement for all urban planning degrees.

If you want to become a civil or structural engineer, then you need to know maths and physics, not geography per se.

If it's architecture, then it's more about being good at design than anything else.

Don't get me wrong though, when I look at real estate, I would still use the knowledge that I picked up in Human Geography to help me make my life easier finding good locations. However, it's not strictly speaking going to be life changing or a strict requirement.

If you can be a lot more specific about what you want to do in real estate, then I can give you better pointers.

Be an estate agent
Reply 13
Simply knowing no degree is easy and everyone has their opinion what they like dislike lapart from that generally which is considered hardest and why out of this list and easiest rank from order easiest-hardest so got getting a degree in pharmacy and being qualified,getting a degree in computer science or doing a degree apprenticeship with uni degree and have nearly done exemptions from aca/acca and be chartered accountant those are the 3 chartered accountancy,pharmacy and computer science btw with the chartered accountancy if I do that I don’t wanna be an accountant I am probs gonna be a financial controller after some years but ye we will see which choose
It looks like your post has been jumbled up somehow.

Could you try posting again using sentences?
Reply 15
Original post by PQ
It looks like your post has been jumbled up somehow.

Could you try posting again using sentences?

Just read it
Reply 16
Would be very helpful like Lancaster,Newcastle,Leeds,Nottingham,Liverpool,Aston and lmk how much math they have as someone who hates math but is interested in cs if yk yk
Simply knowing no degree is easy and everyone has their opinion what they like dislike lapart from that generally which is considered hardest and why out of this list and easiest rank from order easiest-hardest so got getting a degree in pharmacy and being qualified,getting a degree in computer science or doing a degree apprenticeship with uni degree and have nearly done exemptions from aca/acca and be chartered accountant those are the 3 chartered accountancy,pharmacy and computer science btw with the chartered accountancy if I do that I don’t wanna be an accountant I am probs gonna be a financial controller after some years but ye we will see which choose

Controller degree apprentice the how many accountant getting so many degree qualified, I'd say
Reply 18
Original post by SilverPebble
Controller degree apprentice the how many accountant getting so many degree qualified, I'd say

Don’t understand wys
Would be very helpful like Lancaster,Newcastle,Leeds,Nottingham,Liverpool,Aston and lmk how much math they have as someone who hates math but is interested in cs if yk yk

Some of the courses you have listed require A level maths. Are you taking it at A level?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending