The Student Room Group

biomedical science accreditation help

so i am going into year 13 in september so am currently looking into my university options. i am wanting to do biomedical science in the hopes of going into medical research (like cancer research) for my future career. i was told by literally everyone to get a degree with an IBMS accreditation if i wanted to work in the NHS but i was told by a professor in one of the university open days that a non accredited degree is more academic than an accredited one and i will learn more doing a non accredited degree. this made sense to me as it seemed all the lower unis did the accredited degree. now i am thinking of applying to unis with a non accredited degree since it made more sense for what i wanted to do but i’m still unsure if this is the right choice as i am still being told to apply to an accredited degree in a lower university when i have very good predicted grades and i am even attempted an oxford application, and that isn’t an accredited degree. basically i just need someone who knows exactly what they are on about to help me because i’m not sure if i’m making correct decisions for my future. i don’t want to work in the NHS so i don’t beleive an accredited degree is an option, am i wrong? please help me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending