The Student Room Group

King Charles III diagnosed with cancer [Official thread]

Buckingham Palace has announced that the King has been diagnosed with cancer, and has been advised to postpone public-facing duties.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-68210644

This is not related to his recent hospital admission for an enlarged prostate.
Reply 2
Thanks to modern medical advances, the five year survival rate for prostate cancer is far higher than it use to be.

So I hope he responds well to whatever chemo/radiotherapy route he goes down rather than invoke God.
(edited 2 months ago)
It's saddening that King Charles III has been diagnosed with cancer. Wishing His Majesty a positive response to treatment and a speedy return to the public eye.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
The loyal subjects of TSR wish His Majesty a speedy recovery.

God Save The King
Sadden to hear that. The royal familly have had a tough start to 2024 so far. Hope he gets better soon. Apparently, Harry is jetting over to see his pa.
I normally don’t care about the royal family but this has surprised me.

This isn’t what I had in mind when I told myself that the king might not be king for long.

Hopefully he recovers.
Reply 7
Original post by Talkative Toad
I normally don’t care about the royal family but this has surprised me.

This isn’t what I had in mind when I told myself that the king might not be king for long.

Hopefully he recovers.

Why? Most of his relatives had cancer.
Reply 8
I would like to think that all the royal family (at least close to the line of succession) has regular checks on their health; so if such issues occur they can catch it quickly and deal with it. Wishing King Charles a very speedy recovery from this.
Original post by ROTL94 4
Why? Most of his relatives had cancer.

I didn’t know that
Harry has arrived but doesn't sound like things are going well.
Original post by Kutie Karen

How so? All we know is that Prince Harry flew into the UK today and met King Charles for less than an hour. King Charles has now made his way to Sandringham.
Original post by Kutie Karen

Why aren't things going well, what was said?

I'm assuming you know, otherwise that would have been a strange claim to make.
Original post by StriderHort
Why aren't things going well, what was said?

I'm assuming you know, otherwise that would have been a strange claim to make.

well, Harry flew circa 5000 miles to visit his dad and all they spent was 30-45 mins max and that was it. I would expect it would have been longer and stayed at least a few days.

Harry has now flown back because things are so bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending