The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Beckett Accommodation Help

This is a post on behalf of my sister, who didn't feel comfortable asking for advice but I feel like she's been put into a really unfair situation.

She's in a flat at the kirkstall student accommodation and has dropped out due to our dad being diagnosed with cancer. We sent in evidence of this as the reason for her leaving which the uni accepted and she packed her stuff and left the accom.

However even though she's officially left both the accommodation and the university completely, they're still demanding payment for the room unless she gets a letter from her GP (who she is no longer registed to because she was at uni) saying that it's affected her??

I might be assuming too much here but surely if a parent is diagnosed with *stage 4* cancer, they're going to be affected by it? It feels like they're trying to find a way to keep her trapped in the contract and since she doesn't have the fund to pay it'll come to my parents, who are struggling enough with everything to worry about so much money being taken from them as well.

Is there any way of getting out of this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending