The Student Room Group

Please Del

Admin please del
(edited 1 month ago)
Are there any restrictions on you leaving such as paying back money?
Reply 2
Original post by Kutie Karen
Are there any restrictions on you leaving such as paying back money?
No I don’t believe so as it’s a funded course so it’s a 4 week notice period - no fees etc mentioned within my contract.

Thanks for your repl
Original post by 1Ronaldo
I’m currently training for a NHS role, that is part, University and part in service.

After 6 weeks, I’ve decided, it’s not for me. The process and the role itself are very rigid and I am looking to return to my previous education field.

How do I leave? In a short time I have met lots of peers, lecturers and line managers etc and a lot of effort has gone into my induction. I just don’t know how to approach this?

I’m in my late 40’s and really, I should just email in but I think they will call a variety of meetings and the thought of this feel me with dread.

Any advice would be great.
It should be ok. The NHS are pretty flexible about this
Original post by 1Ronaldo
I’m currently training for a NHS role, that is part, University and part in service.

After 6 weeks, I’ve decided, it’s not for me. The process and the role itself are very rigid and I am looking to return to my previous education field.

How do I leave? In a short time I have met lots of peers, lecturers and line managers etc and a lot of effort has gone into my induction. I just don’t know how to approach this?

I’m in my late 40’s and really, I should just email in but I think they will call a variety of meetings and the thought of this feel me with dread.

Any advice would be great.

Check your contract, but if it's not in there you can leave.

One thing to consider though - if you are on an apprenticeship then leaving partway through will block your ability to do another apprenticeship later on. (Not just this one, in any field).

I would sit down with your manager and explain how you feel. They've put a lot into the last few weeks but it is better than putting years into something you don't want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending