The Student Room Group

should i switch to a placement year course?

So i recently received an offer for computer science from Loughborough University and I was looking through and realised that I might want to do a placement year course (For my offer it was only computer science no placement year). Firstly can i call loughborough and ask them to switch or should I do it once I have been accepted onto the course and am in the university ? Secondly, is it worth it, for example if i do 2 summer internships throughout my degre is that equivalent?
(edited 2 months ago)
There is no rush to change to a Year in Industry degree right now, most unis are fully flexible with changing once you get there, so it is probably best if you wait till you have enrolled and seek more info/advice at that time as you may change your mind again. The decision on whether to do YII or not is entirely up to the individual. Some people wish to get the degree out of the way asap and others prefer to gain practical experience and industry contacts during the degree. 2 summer internships would probably be regarded just as positively as a full YII placement by potential employers. I believe YII will become more common than not within the next 10 years for certain industry-specific degrees but please note different unis offer different levels of support with YII placements so that may or may not be something to consider in selecting your firm uni.
Original post by jake102:)
So i recently received an offer for computer science from Loughborough University and I was looking through and realised that I might want to do a placement year course (For my offer it was only computer science no placement year). Firstly can i call loughborough and ask them to switch or should I do it once I have been accepted onto the course and am in the university ? Secondly, is it worth it, for example if i do 2 summer internships throughout my degre is that equivalent?

Hi there,

Congratulations on receiving your offer!

To make sure you get the right information, I would recommend contacting our Admissions Office with your question. You can get in touch with them by emailing [email protected].

I hope this helps!

Lindsay
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending