The Student Room Group

Help

So about two weeks ago I took a survey for Grammarly. The email they sent to me said I would get a $5 gift card in about 2 weeks. And today, guess what I found in my email...
Yes, I got an email from Grammarly with the money. There's just one hitch:
I have to choose what kind of gift card (Amazon, etc.). The problem is that I don't have an account for any of the card types. My parents do, however they have no idea I took this survey. I use my school email account for all things hidden from my parents. I really want to redeem the money, but idk how without telling my parents. Or is there an easy way to tell them without telling them about my other secrets? PLEASE HELP
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
So about two weeks ago I took a survey for Grammarly. The email they sent to me said I would get a $5 gift card in about 2 weeks. And today, guess what I found in my email...
Yes, I got an email from Grammarly with the money. There's just one hitch:
I have to choose what kind of gift card (Amazon, etc.). The problem is that I don't have an account for any of the card types. My parents do, however they have no idea I took this survey. I use my school email account for all things hidden from my parents. I really want to redeem the money, but idk how without telling my parents. Or is there an easy way to tell them without telling them about my other secrets? PLEASE HELP

Hiya,
Would creating an account for the different gift card sites using your school email address work? If not, do you have a separate email address (e.g., a gmail account) that you could forward the email to? Therefore you would be able to avoid sharing your school email account with your parents.
Original post by phillip_a9000
Hiya,
Would creating an account for the different gift card sites using your school email address work? If not, do you have a separate email address (e.g., a gmail account) that you could forward the email to? Therefore you would be able to avoid sharing your school email account with your parents.

thx, i'll try the first suggestion. i actually do have a personal email account, but it's monitored by my parents, which is why i have to use my school email for things
Reply 3
hun omg i feeel u
im literally not allowed anything so i have a secret personal email cuz im not even allowed that and i use it for things
xx
Original post by phillip_a9000
Hiya,

unfortunately i am unable to create an account for the payment methods. i am currently concocting a plan to break the news to my parents without causing a major fuss and investigation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending