The Student Room Group

my study diary - gyg ‘24

hello everyone !!

i’m a year 13, alevel student and looking through some of the study blogs on here, i felt inspired to create my own to hopefully hold me accountable and motivate me to study

subjects: maths (edexcel), chemistry (ocr a) & physics (ocr b)
predicted grades: A*A*A*
university degree: chemical engineering
received offers from: imperial, manchester, leeds and ucl!

more stats:
gcses: 999999998
year 12 mocks: AAB, A*AA
year 13 mocks: A*A*A*

my goals for the year:
- study consistently, not cramming
- achieve my predicted grades

i struggle with procrastination quite a bit (webtoon has me in a chokehold) and finding balance so i hope to get better at that and be my best possible self - i will try to report at the end of each day with how i got on ♥︎
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

i’m a year 13, alevel student and looking through some of the study blogs on here, i felt inspired to create my own to hopefully hold me accountable and motivate me to study

my goals for the year:

i struggle with procrastination quite a bit (webtoon has me in a chokehold) and finding balance so i hope to get better at that and be my best possible self - i will try to report at the end of each day with how i got on ♥︎

fellow year 13 here - welcome to grow your grades ❤️ following your diary rn! i also have a gyg you can follow: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7404622 :biggrin: 🎀
Reply 2
Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

my goals for the year:

thursday, 15/02

first little update and uhh i’m rating this day a 3/10 in terms of how much i did vs how much i wanted to get done - i procrastinated quite a lot and maybe that’s because my tasks weren’t specific enough, i felt overwhelmed by what i had to do and ended up not doing much. i have a maths test on monday so i’ve been focusing on that but i’ve also been neglecting my other subjects so hopefully i can clearly state what i need to get done and just grind tomorrow (:
Original post by xhibxh
thursday, 15/02

first little update and uhh i’m rating this day a 3/10 in terms of how much i did vs how much i wanted to get done - i procrastinated quite a lot and maybe that’s because my tasks weren’t specific enough, i felt overwhelmed by what i had to do and ended up not doing much. i have a maths test on monday so i’ve been focusing on that but i’ve also been neglecting my other subjects so hopefully i can clearly state what i need to get done and just grind tomorrow (:

Welcome to GYG! Procrastination can be soooo hard to overcome, but it sounds like you at least have an idea of what went wrong. I find I have to break my goals down into really achievable and measurable tasks if I want to get anything done. Good luck with your maths test, let us know how it goes!
Reply 4
Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

my goals for the year:

friday, 16/02

today was much better than yesterday, although there is still room for improvement, i’m rating today a 6/10 - i did quite a bit and hopefully more tomorrow c:
Reply 5
Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

more stats:

my goals for the year:

saturday, 17/02

bit of a slow start to the day but overall quite happy with the progress i’ve made, rating today a 7/10 ! i hope to get back to routine tomorrow and wake up at 7 to revise some more maths and chemistry, ready for my tests on monday
Reply 6
Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

more stats:

my goals for the year:

webtoon was my worst enemy before my phone broke,,, i was on that lookism and windbreaker grind 😌
Original post by xhibxh
saturday, 17/02

bit of a slow start to the day but overall quite happy with the progress i’ve made, rating today a 7/10 ! i hope to get back to routine tomorrow and wake up at 7 to revise some more maths and chemistry, ready for my tests on monday

hope it went well! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by mizerable
webtoon was my worst enemy before my phone broke,,, i was on that lookism and windbreaker grind 😌

omg yes windbreaker >>
Reply 9
Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

more stats:

my goals for the year:

sunday, 18/02

was quite focused today and got a decent amount of work done, i do keep putting off memorising chemistry definitions but overall, quite happy with today, rating it a 7/10!
Reply 10
Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

more stats:

my goals for the year:

monday, 19/02

awful day, had my maths and chemistry tests but did no studying at all after that, i think my maths test went well but i know my chemistry one went horribly, when i got home, i slept for 5 hours straight </3
Reply 11
Original post by xhibxh
monday, 19/02

awful day, had my maths and chemistry tests but did no studying at all after that, i think my maths test went well but i know my chemistry one went horribly, when i got home, i slept for 5 hours straight </3

productivity rating, 0/10 obviously
Reply 12
Original post by xhibxh
monday, 19/02

You clearly needed a rest and both tests still challenged your brain even if it wasn’t necessarily revision!
Original post by xhibxh
productivity rating, 0/10 obviously

everyone needs a little break here and then so it’s okay 😀 hope you got the restful break you needed, cause two tests are definitely tiring!!
Reply 14
Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

more stats:

my goals for the year:

tuesday, 27/02

apologies, i haven’t updated in a while but i was busy with apprenticeships and exams, i ended up getting 92% in my maths and 86% in physics (i flopped chemistry) but anyway, i was working on a presentation for a final stage interview which was today and i also had another interview today (both for apprenticeships) so yeah, hopefully will be getting back on track now since i have even more exams coming up, because of the interviews, i didn’t manage to do much, only a bit of physics and that was it
Reply 15
Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

more stats:

my goals for the year:

when did u get ur ucl offer
Reply 16
Original post by mazpapi
Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

more stats:

my goals for the year:

yesterday :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by xhibxh

yesterday :smile:thanks, and congrats on ur offers 🥳
Original post by xhibxh
hello everyone !!

more stats:

my goals for the year:

omg just found this gyg now, WELCOMEE 🤍🤍 those grades are absolutely amazinggg 💪
gosh you don't know how much webtoon makes me procrastinate, like i literally only read webtoons that are at least over 50-60 episodes and then i just end up binge reading 💀 my current favs have probably gotta be jungle juice, go away romeo, homesick and match made in hell 🤞
looking forward to your updatess <3
and just tagging other users who'll defo support you on your journey 🤍 @Tatakae L @halfharry @kayleigh_t.27 @aalimk @agent_duck343 @Trickia @bicompton @wkstudy

edit: I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THE PART ON YOUR OFFERS OMG, CONGRATSSS 💪🎉🎉
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 19
Original post by mazpapi

yesterday :smile:
thanks, and congrats on ur offers 🥳

thank you! <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending