The Student Room Group

Wtf?

So I've been talking to this guy for 4 months every day. We went on a couple of dates and he seemed quite consistent except for he wasn't really putting much effort into asking me out. However when I asked him he usually agreed to hanging out. Last 2 dates were quite significant as the 1st time I saw him after a long break as I was abroad for Christmas was last month - and we had sex on this date for the first time. We also had a really deep convo about his childhood trauma, his past relationship etc. After that weekend I asked him whether he wants to keep speaking after we had sex and he said it definitely wasn't his intention and he sees no reason to stop talking. 2 weeks later he invites me to the pub owned by his family and introduced me to his mum, brother and other family members. One of them asked if i'm his new girlfriend and he said I was his "partner." We stayed over at his mums house, next day he took me out for a meal and then we went shopping and he bought me a little present and some clothes. We spent the entire day together and everything went really well. When I got homw we kept texting for another 8 days until suddenly last Monday he didn't view my last text for almost 24 hours until he just read it but no reply. I sent him a long text saying I don't know what's going on and that I can't imagine he would just randomly ghost me to which he replied that he's been feeling like **** and doesn't want to speak to anyone. We kind of talked things out, I told him I will give him space and that I wish for him to get better. He said I was a very sweet person and that he's sorry for getting like this. Then I said goodnight and that he can text me whenever he feels like it. He said goodnight and since then it's been a week and I haven't heard from him at all. I don't get this and am a bit sceptical of his reasoning although he told me he had a nervous breakdown earlier this year and also is goinf through some family issues. However his is also still good friends with his ex and I feel like maybe that might be the reason..? I just find it super strange how he took me to the family treating me like his gf and then one week later just disappears... Anyone had a similar experience? I'm baffled
One word "the duality of men" (I can't count)
Original post by Anonymous #1
So I've been talking to this guy for 4 months every day. We went on a couple of dates and he seemed quite consistent except for he wasn't really putting much effort into asking me out. However when I asked him he usually agreed to hanging out. Last 2 dates were quite significant as the 1st time I saw him after a long break as I was abroad for Christmas was last month - and we had sex on this date for the first time. We also had a really deep convo about his childhood trauma, his past relationship etc. After that weekend I asked him whether he wants to keep speaking after we had sex and he said it definitely wasn't his intention and he sees no reason to stop talking. 2 weeks later he invites me to the pub owned by his family and introduced me to his mum, brother and other family members. One of them asked if i'm his new girlfriend and he said I was his "partner." We stayed over at his mums house, next day he took me out for a meal and then we went shopping and he bought me a little present and some clothes. We spent the entire day together and everything went really well. When I got homw we kept texting for another 8 days until suddenly last Monday he didn't view my last text for almost 24 hours until he just read it but no reply. I sent him a long text saying I don't know what's going on and that I can't imagine he would just randomly ghost me to which he replied that he's been feeling like **** and doesn't want to speak to anyone. We kind of talked things out, I told him I will give him space and that I wish for him to get better. He said I was a very sweet person and that he's sorry for getting like this. Then I said goodnight and that he can text me whenever he feels like it. He said goodnight and since then it's been a week and I haven't heard from him at all. I don't get this and am a bit sceptical of his reasoning although he told me he had a nervous breakdown earlier this year and also is goinf through some family issues. However his is also still good friends with his ex and I feel like maybe that might be the reason..? I just find it super strange how he took me to the family treating me like his gf and then one week later just disappears... Anyone had a similar experience? I'm baffled

He’s basically used you for sex by the sounds of it
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by User_name001
He’s basically used you for sex by the sounds of it

I think that too tbf I just don't understand why he would take me to his family after he already got what he wanted...makes it just weird af
Original post by Anonymous #1
Him being friends with his ex is kinda the big red flag

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending