The Student Room Group

Language B self taught

Good Morning
Do you think is possible to do any IB language B as as self taught?
I'm aware that Language A you can do that in case the school is not offering that specific language you would like to study. But i would like to understand if it is possible also for a Language B.
The school where my daughter studies doesn't offer Italian as an IB option but she and some other students really would like to do it.
All your help is appreciated
Thank you
I think it depends on the school to be honest. I know some schools outsource Latin, for example, be it through an online platform or a tutor. If it’s something your daughter is serious about, I would approach the school and ask about the possibility of them setting it up for her, especially as there are other students keen to do it as well. I think you’d have a greater chance of being successful if you join forces with the parents of the other students interested and approach the school together. My school actually employed a teacher to teach two students Sports Science because it would help with their chosen career and my secondary school would teach theatre on demand so it’s possible. Good luck!
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
I think it depends on the school to be honest. I know some schools outsource Latin, for example, be it through an online platform or a tutor. If it’s something your daughter is serious about, I would approach the school and ask about the possibility of them setting it up for her, especially as there are other students keen to do it as well. I think you’d have a greater chance of being successful if you join forces with the parents of the other students interested and approach the school together. My school actually employed a teacher to teach two students Sports Science because it would help with their chosen career and my secondary school would teach theatre on demand so it’s possible. Good luck!
thank you so much for your reply! Yes we are already in conversation with the school but not really sure they want to commit and offer this option.They say is a budget and organizational problem. But knowing that in other schools parents are heard gives me hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending