The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Uni Nursing

Hi! Im a year 12 student currently taking biology, physics and maths alevel and hoping to apply to Cardiff University for child nursing this year. When I was talking to my friends about this, they said that nursing at Cardiff is very gcse-weighted which worries me a bit since I didnt do the best on mine. I got 8777766665 (8 in english language 6 in maths and 776 across my sciences). I only knew of medicine being gcse-weighted, would this greatly hinder my chances of getting an offer?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! Im a year 12 student currently taking biology, physics and maths alevel and hoping to apply to Cardiff University for child nursing this year. When I was talking to my friends about this, they said that nursing at Cardiff is very gcse-weighted which worries me a bit since I didnt do the best on mine. I got 8777766665 (8 in english language 6 in maths and 776 across my sciences). I only knew of medicine being gcse-weighted, would this greatly hinder my chances of getting an offer?

Hi. I don't believe that there is any GCSE weighting as long as you meet the minimum requirements as stated on the Web pages. Your GCSE grades look well high enough. I know someone who got an offer with gcses below your grades. I think it's more about your personal statement and then the interview. Good luck!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

Current Cardiff uni student here!

As far as I am aware, you just need to meet the requirements set out on their website -
"- English language or Welsh language at GCSE grade B/6 or an equivalent (such as A-levels). English Language GCSE C/4 will be accepted where you are taking qualifications at a higher level which are taught through the medium of English such as A-levels.
- four GCSEs at grade C/4 including Maths, and one science (from Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), or equivalent qualifications (subject and grade)."
Cardiff uni website

Beyond these requirements, it is most important that you meet the A level requirements and write a sufficient personal statement.

I hope this helps:smile:

Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending