The Student Room Group

Can i study language B on my own?

I wanted to study hindi B since i know a bit of it and ik i could score good marks in it but my school doesnt offer it and the coordinator said that i gotta pay 3000$ if i wanna study that 💀 i do feel its a lot and not worth it tbh so is it true that i cant self tutor it without paying the money?
Reply 1
Original post by Somedayy
I wanted to study hindi B since i know a bit of it and ik i could score good marks in it but my school doesnt offer it and the coordinator said that i gotta pay 3000$ if i wanna study that 💀 i do feel its a lot and not worth it tbh so is it true that i cant self tutor it without paying the money?

It's possible to do it but it's dependant on your self-teaching skills the grade you get on it. My school says you have to learn a language B at school even if you're doing another Language B externally.
Reply 2
Wait so what exactly do itell my coordinator for letting me self tutor me without the cost?

Original post by _user_
It's possible to do it but it's dependant on your self-teaching skills the grade you get on it. My school says you have to learn a language B at school even if you're doing another Language B externally.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Somedayy
Wait so what exactly do itell my coordinator for letting me self tutor me without the cost?

Are you already fluent in Hindi? Cause if so then you can tell your coordinator that and they will probably let you self tutor. If you have any family who already know it you could also say that. Sorry I'm not really sure but what this person I'm referring to did was she has to study a language at school and outside of school she is studying the other language. I don't know if your universities look at predicted grades but the grades provided to universities will not include whatever your "predicted" will be with self tutoring. Another thing to factor in is the cost of the exam, has your school told you that you have to pay extra costs to take the exam. It's possible that $3000 you mentioned is the cost of the exam taking. Check online on how much it costs to take the IB exams and ask your IB coordinator what this money will be used to fund.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending