The Student Room Group

Too late to switch subjects?

I’m in year 12 and I’m currently doing double BTEC business and BTEC IT however I’m really struggling. I would like to change my subjects to preferably A Level Business, Economics and then keep IT. I did GCSE Business and got a 7 (2 marks off an 8) and I only revised on the day of the exam. In maths, I got a 7 and did no revision for that. I hate doing coursework and I would much rather prefer to be taught. I thought I’d do BTECs because it’s a lot more practical and I thought it would be better for me as I wanted to do a degree apprenticeship but I don’t want to do it anymore. I also thought it would be easier for me as i struggle with time in exams but now I’m struggling way more to meet deadlines (I’m behind on basically all my coursework). I do have extra time for exams now so that would help me a lot in my if i did switch to A levels. In terms of catching up since we are more than halfway through this year, I think for business it wouldn’t be too hard and won’t take me that long to catch up and then econ is similar to both business and maths which I’m good at so that makes it easier for me to catch up on. However, I have asked a few people if I should switch to Econ or psychology and they all said psych so I may consider making the switch to psychology instead. This is of course if my school lets me which there is a very low chance of but never say never. What do you think I should do?
Hiya, I think it is quite late in the year to switch but if you’re really struggling, I would definitely speak to your head of year or if there’s any really supportive staff members in your school just to get some more advice from them. If you think it might be okay in terms of catching up then go for it and with either picking psychology or econ whatever one u think u might find easier to catchup with/enjoy more/ is helpful for future career then I would say to go with that choice. Sending you good luck and hope this helps a bit☺️

Quick Reply

Latest