The Student Room Group

physics with astrophysics or physical natsci at bath?

title, these are 2 courses im interested in and im curious if they are similar

hey,

I'm a 2nd year natsci student at bath (I'm on the chem+biochem pathway so don't take physics as part of my course but I have friends who do so know about the course structure). The main first year physics module, foundations of physics, you will take as well as mathematics for physics. You don't get separated from the pure physicists so that is a nice advantage in my opinion. However, studying natsci, you will not be able to take the astrophysics units so if that is really important to you then I would suggest you take physics with astrophysics. But the natsci course is great at Bath if you have interest in multiple sciences and I really do recommend it. Lmk if you have any further questions!
Reply 2
thanks for the info : )
just a question, what about physics with theoretical physics? thats sorta the course im looking at rn
Original post by nosetool
thanks for the info : )
just a question, what about physics with theoretical physics? thats sorta the course im looking at rn
No problem!

As far as I’m aware it’s largely the same as the core physics course, with a few differences in modules where you will have more of a focus on computational physics and that sort of thing. But it’s important to note that the first year for all of the physics courses is the same, so if you decide you want to change going into second year you can do so, so I wouldn’t stress about it too much right now.
Reply 4
okay thanks so much : D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending