The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Physics at Bath

Hi, I'm currently choosing unis for starting in 2024. I'm considering Bath for an integrated masters in physics (maybe with astronomy or theoretical astrophysics). I don't really have time to visit before my personal statement deadline, so could any current physics students there please tell me what it's like? Eg how's the teaching, the support, the facilities, etc. Thank you!

Bonus questions for physics and other students: how are the green spaces and the study spaces? Those are priorities for me - do you think Bath would be a good fit for me based on this? Thanks!
(not that interested in the nightlife, but an lgbt scene would be nice)
Hi,

Unfortunately I am not a physics student but I wanted to hop on here quickly and give some advice about being at Bath - coming from a current student! If you want some advice from current physics students, you can use UniBuddy to chat to some students at Bath:

https://www.bath.ac.uk/applicant-support/chat-with-our-students/

GREEN SPACES: For me the best green spaces in Bath is of course the beautiful Skyline Walk which has stunning views of the city of Bath and is something that every student has to do at least once at their time in Bath! Another favourite, the famous 'Royal Crescent' which is beautiful all year round, but an absolute must during the warmer months! On campus, we have lots of green spaces such as the extensive golf course behind campus as well as the lake with amphitheater seating which is in the heart of campus.

STUDY SPACES: Study spaces is something that we probably have too much of at this point: from our 24/7 library, multiple cafe/study areas, big study areas with floor to ceiling windows, independent cafes in the city that are 'working cafes', a study space in the city as well which is available for all students . . . the list goes on!

LGBT SCENE: We have a fab queer scene here at Bath and here are some of my recommendations in Bath:
- Moles is a nightclub that is a designated safe space for all queer people: with warm and inviting staff, drink covers available, respectful security that check everyone, really good music, lots of queer people to meet - everyone is super friendly!
- Bath Cider House: This pub not only has the best cider in Bath (this is FACT), it also has a warm and friendly feel with lots of queer people. The pub quiz on a Sunday is a fab icebreaker for any freshers.
- LGBT society: There is a really good LGBT society at Bath which is a really good place to initially meet other queer students - and they organise really good socials with Bristol LGBT society as well!

I hope this is helpful, and do let us know if you have any more questions!
Sophia (Placements Student)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest