The Student Room Group

Flash cards

This might seem a bit over the top, but with flashcards (in my case Anki) do I count the card as a successful review if I pretty much get the sentence and concept right but not exactly word for word as the back of the flashcard states? For instance, I sometimes miss out on a couple of conjunctions here and there but generally get the correct concept and sentence on the back of the flash card. I might just be overthinking here, but would you consider this as a potential bad habit that could build up?
Original post by Y12EC
This might seem a bit over the top, but with flashcards (in my case Anki) do I count the card as a successful review if I pretty much get the sentence and concept right but not exactly word for word as the back of the flashcard states? For instance, I sometimes miss out on a couple of conjunctions here and there but generally get the correct concept and sentence on the back of the flash card. I might just be overthinking here, but would you consider this as a potential bad habit that could build up?
if it's for a specific definition, i'd say trying to get it word-for-word is probably best. as someone who only takes science A-Level subjects, we tend to need exact definitions as that's just the easiest way to ensure you get the marks for that question. BUT it most likely depends on what A-Levels you take

Quick Reply

Latest