The Student Room Group

Help in higher history?!

I need an A in higher history but am predicting a D. I am struggling to learn all the essays and remember all the knowledge for paper two. If anyone has any advice I would be so grateful. Thank you!
Original post by Idkwhattopick
I need an A in higher history but am predicting a D. I am struggling to learn all the essays and remember all the knowledge for paper two. If anyone has any advice I would be so grateful. Thank you!

Flash cards! Honestly active recall is a life saver write down your k points in support of a para on one flash card and then your argument against on another (you can add analysis if you want) then write a question on the front e.g “how did the Nazis use of terror help them consolidate power”. Then repeat for all paras of all essays 🙂 I would recommend trying to daily or atleast 3x a week.
For source questions mind maps I found helped and even sticking some brief points on flash cards.
If you don’t mind me asking what topics are you studying so I could perhaps give some more detailed responses.
Original post by Zesty lemon
Flash cards! Honestly active recall is a life saver write down your k points in support of a para on one flash card and then your argument against on another (you can add analysis if you want) then write a question on the front e.g “how did the Nazis use of terror help them consolidate power”. Then repeat for all paras of all essays 🙂 I would recommend trying to daily or atleast 3x a week.
For source questions mind maps I found helped and even sticking some brief points on flash cards.
If you don’t mind me asking what topics are you studying so I could perhaps give some more detailed responses.

Hiello thank you so much for your help! I am doing Scottish empire for questions and Britain for essays

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending