The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Public Transport in Kingston

When coming to university one thing that people often don’t think about is public transport, but this can be a super important factor!

Here in Kingston many students are lucky to have their campuses close together but if you’re at Kingston Hill, stay in Seething wells or Clayhill in your first year then public transport can make your life a hundred times easier. Thankfully Kingston Uni runs a FREE uni bus every term time weekday that can help you get to any campus you need and journeys into towns nearby. The KU1 and KU2 run up to five times an hour and offer a quick and easy way to get into uni if you live a bit further out! The KU3 bus starts running its route from 6:30pm until 11pm as an evening bus and covers all the stops on the KU1 and KU2 bus routes. Another great aspect about the free uni bus scheme at Kingston is that there is a live and accurate tracker within the Kingston app for students to use when wanting to see where the bus is or plan their journey. Also on the app is a live news feed on updates with the bus service.

If you miss your uni bus there is also no need to worry! Whilst Kingston may be on the outskirts of London it’s still included in TFL meaning you’ll rarely wait more than ten minutes for a bus. With a large number of bus stations that can take you around or out of Kingston, a single journey tends to cost £1.75. It’s also worth noting that if you’re heading into Kingston most of these buses will stop directly opposite Townhouse!

Now if you don’t love buses and want a more solo way around Kingston there there is also a couple of different options! I personally find a little walk around Kingston to be super therapeutic but if you’re after something a bit quicker than why not try a Lime bike! They’re dotted all over Kingston and a great option if you dont have the space/money for your own bike!

What’s your favourite way to get around Kingston?

-Yasmin (Kingston rep)
Hello Yasmin love your blogs! I have accepted my place at Kingston and am hoping to stay at Seething Wells. I was going to bring my bike but don’t know about parking at the accommodation and if it safe to leave it?
(edited 1 month ago)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Hi @utilitarian-incu

Thank you! Seething Wells is a great place to move out of home to. I stayed here in my first year and loved it! It is also newly refurbished which is a plus.

Definitely bring your bike! There are bike sheds at Seething Wells which have lots of space in and are safe, as security patrols the area. I would also advise a lot for your bike as extra security. There are also places to park your bike around Kingston and at each campus.

At Kingston there are also lots of bike lanes to use around the town for you.

I hope this helped and please let me know if you have any other questions!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending