The Student Room Group

higher spanish vs higher art?

Im really stuck on what highers to take, I know im definitely taking
Maths
English
Modern Studies
Geography

What has been a preferred subject for you/ what are the pros and cons of taking these at higher?

I got an A on my Art prelim and a B on my spanish prelim, however I don't know my current art practical tracking grade and art critical is currently keeping my grade afloat. I prefer Art but I'm unsure what would be preferred from unis, Im interested in doing either Politics, international relations, Architecture or philosophy.
(edited 1 month ago)
Spanish at higher is way less coursework whether as art requires a lot of extra time at lunch working, but spanish does require a lot of memory
Reply 2
Original post by hannah8patricia
Spanish at higher is way less coursework whether as art requires a lot of extra time at lunch working, but spanish does require a lot of memory
Thank you for replying!! What subject in your experience/ others that you know experiences was less difficult to get a good grade in??
Original post by deceptacon
Thank you for replying!! What subject in your experience/ others that you know experiences was less difficult to get a good grade in??
I'm still doing my highers and I love languages so might be biased but you have 2 non-exam elements in languages (the talking is 25% and requires effort but boosts your grade significantly and there's the assignment writing, which, again, is prememorised) . Geography is good, not too difficult, and not too much of a workload while Modern Studies is considerably harder but it would be really useful to your application. But if you don't mind giving up some time and you're getting good grades, go for Art. Sorry this is long!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending