The Student Room Group

What is the biggest prize you have ever won?

Did you win a goldfish at the fair? Did you win a million pounds on a scratch card? What's the biggest prize you ever won?

On holiday in Spain, I once won 100 Euros in a karaoke contest. I bet that is a very small amount to some of the answers you guys could come up with!
Reply 1
AHRC full ride PhD scholarship, probably
Original post by gjd800
AHRC full ride PhD scholarship, probably
Very impressive!
Reply 3
Original post by CCCU Official
Very impressive!
It's just about the only thing I have ever really won, apart from a football signed by John Barnes
Did you win a goldfish at the fair? Did you win a million pounds on a scratch card? What's the biggest prize you ever won?
On holiday in Spain, I once won 100 Euros in a karaoke contest. I bet that is a very small amount to some of the answers you guys could come up with!
On holiday and i got picked out to choose a number from the raffle. I just happened to pick my mums number and the prize just had some hats, beach bags, coffee and champagne in it
Original post by gjd800
It's just about the only thing I have ever really won, apart from a football signed by John Barnes
That is also pretty cool! My dad is a huge Liverpool fan, so I think his head would explode of he won that! :lfc:
Original post by cherrycosmos
On holiday and i got picked out to choose a number from the raffle. I just happened to pick my mums number and the prize just had some hats, beach bags, coffee and champagne in it
I bet everyone thought you were cheating! haha :lol:
I bet everyone thought you were cheating! haha :lol:
no fr I was so embarrassed. I was like 7 so im sure they thought i was innocent....maybe
Won a jacket in a sweepstakes event for a new game. Was pretty surprised, when they emailed to say it was being delivered some months after entering I had forgotten and thought it was a scam :tongue:

Also a summer research project funded by the EPSRC although I don't really count that as I was awarded it by default (there were 3 awards and one 2 of us applied for them).
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by artful_lounger
Won a jacket in a sweepstakes event for a new game. Was pretty surprised, when they emailed to say it was being delivered some months after entering I had forgotten and thought it was a scam :tongue:
Also a summer research project funded by the EPSRC although I don't really count that as I was awarded it by default (there were 3 awards and one 2 of us applied for them).
A prize is a prize haha! Do you wear the jacket often?
A prize is a prize haha! Do you wear the jacket often?
I've worn it so often it's basically mostly holes now. I try and repair it but I'm bad at sewing. That said I'm loathe to replace it since I didn't spend any money on it so spending money to replace it feels like I'm losing money somehow, psychologically...
Original post by artful_lounger
I've worn it so often it's basically mostly holes now. I try and repair it but I'm bad at sewing. That said I'm loathe to replace it since I didn't spend any money on it so spending money to replace it feels like I'm losing money somehow, psychologically...
Well at least the rugged worn look is fashionable, or so I'm told! :lol:
I won a £50 amazon voucher lmao from school and I spent it all the same day on books. I wish mine were as exotic and cool as all of yours but nope, just a school kid wining an amazon voucher
Original post by Tatakae L
I won a £50 amazon voucher lmao from school and I spent it all the same day on books. I wish mine were as exotic and cool as all of yours but nope, just a school kid wining an amazon voucher
There is no greater prize than good literature! :wink: Haha
There is no greater prize than good literature! :wink: Haha
hahha facts :bubbles:

Quick Reply

Latest