The Student Room Group

Student Finance - Household Income

Hello,
I am doing an undergraduate course in September 2024.
I am currently working but from September I won't be, when applying for student finance it request the tax for the year before, does that mean I will have to put my wage in even though I will not be working when starting university?

Thank you :-)
Original post by GK2024
Hello,
I am doing an undergraduate course in September 2024.
I am currently working but from September I won't be, when applying for student finance it request the tax for the year before, does that mean I will have to put my wage in even though I will not be working when starting university?
Thank you :-)
Hi there,

We don't take your own income into consideration. How old are you? What's your Marital Status? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
We don't take your own income into consideration. How old are you? What's your Marital Status? Thanks, Ross
Hi Ross, I'm 26 (27 in April) and I am married, last year my husband earned roughly 52K (which is not his standard wage he's employed fulltime and did extra shifts through the year), we have 2 children. I am worried i will fill out something wrong and not sure what we are entitled to.
Original post by GK2024
Hi Ross, I'm 26 (27 in April) and I am married, last year my husband earned roughly 52K (which is not his standard wage he's employed fulltime and did extra shifts through the year), we have 2 children. I am worried i will fill out something wrong and not sure what we are entitled to.
Thanks for confirming. We would take your partners income into consideration to calculate your funding. We take the tax year information 2 years prior to the Academic Year. If the Household income has dropped by more than 15% since the relevant tax year we can do a Current Year Income assessment. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending