The Student Room Group

Applying to Student Finance but not take the Loan

Hey,

I heard from someone that you can apply to Student Finance but not actually take the loan. Because I've heard some unis can provide grants and scholarships depending on your household income and check it through SFE.
Is this actually possible?

Thanks
Original post by Tareef
Hey,

I heard from someone that you can apply to Student Finance but not actually take the loan. Because I've heard some unis can provide grants and scholarships depending on your household income and check it through SFE.
Is this actually possible?

Thanks

Hey:
Yes, it is possible to apply for student finance through Student Finance England (SFE) and decline the loan if you do not need it. When you apply for student finance, you will have the option to choose how much loan you want to take out. If you do not want to take the full amount or any loan at all, you can choose to decline the loan.

It's also true that some universities offer grants and scholarships based on household income, and they may require you to provide evidence of your household income through SFE. By applying for student finance, you will automatically be assessed for any grants and bursaries that you may be eligible for from your university or other organizations.

Keep in mind that you will need to apply for student finance every year that you are in university, and your financial situation may change from year to year. If you have any questions or concerns about student finance, it's always best to contact SFE or your university's financial aid office for advice and guidance.
Reply 2
Original post by paperpundit
Hey:
Yes, it is possible to apply for student finance through Student Finance England (SFE) and decline the loan if you do not need it. When you apply for student finance, you will have the option to choose how much loan you want to take out. If you do not want to take the full amount or any loan at all, you can choose to decline the loan.

It's also true that some universities offer grants and scholarships based on household income, and they may require you to provide evidence of your household income through SFE. By applying for student finance, you will automatically be assessed for any grants and bursaries that you may be eligible for from your university or other organizations.

Keep in mind that you will need to apply for student finance every year that you are in university, and your financial situation may change from year to year. If you have any questions or concerns about student finance, it's always best to contact SFE or your university's financial aid office for advice and guidance.

Perfect! Thank you very much for clarifying.
Reply 3
Original post by paperpundit
Hey:

When I decline both loans, I get a message saying "You've told us you don't want to apply for any student finance. Select 'Go to your account' to exit this page. Your application will be deleted. Or, if you made a mistake, select 'back' to change your answer."

Are you sure it's possible?
Reply 4
Original post by Tareef
When I decline both loans, I get a message saying "You've told us you don't want to apply for any student finance. Select 'Go to your account' to exit this page. Your application will be deleted. Or, if you made a mistake, select 'back' to change your answer."
Are you sure it's possible?

Did you manage to sort anything out in the end?
Any news on this ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending