The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Need help with choosing my insurance choice for UCAS

Hello,

I have got all my offers- UCL, Birmingham Bath, Bristol and Southampton. I want to pick UCL as my firm. I do not know what to pick as my insurance.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I have got all my offers- UCL, Birmingham Bath, Bristol and Southampton. I want to pick UCL as my firm. I do not know what to pick as my insurance.

For what course? What are the grades requirements in each offer? Which of the other universities / courses do you prefer?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Chemistry Msci for UCL, Birmingham, Bath and Bristol. The following are the requirements:
UCL- AAA
Birmingham: AAB
Bath: AAB
Bristol: AAB
Southampton: ABB

Original post by DataVenia
For what course? What are the grades requirements in each offer? Which of the other universities / courses do you prefer?
Reply 3
Chemistry Msci for UCL, Birmingham, Bath and Bristol. The following are the requirements:
UCL- AAA

The course at university of Birmigham, Bristol and Southampton have the industrial placement as well. I like the course modules at Southampton and Birmingham
UCL- AAA

Well, you have a range of really good options there. Those universities are all very good for Chemistry, which is a shame as it makes the decision-making harder! I'd say Bath and Bristol have a slight edge in terms of reputation over Birmingham and Southampton, but there's really not much in it.
The course at university of Birmigham, Bristol and Southampton have the industrial placement as well. I like the course modules at Southampton and Birmingham

If it were me, I'd focus on the fact that you "like the course modules at Southampton and Birmingham". I'd then note the fact that they both offer an industrial placement, but that Southampton has a slightly lower grade requirement - which might come in handy on results day.

Before I nudged you towards Southampton, I did a quick check on The Uni Guide to see if there were any red flags. I saw none. In fact, the fact that 96% of final year Chemistry students at Southampton agreed with the statement that "Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of the course" (see the "What students say" section on this page) is particularly impressive. That's what I'd choose as my insurance.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
Well, you have a range of really good options there. Those universities are all very good for Chemistry, which is a shame as it makes the decision-making harder! I'd say Bath and Bristol have a slight edge in terms of reputation over Birmingham and Southampton, but there's really not much in it.

If it were me, I'd focus on the fact that you "like the course modules at Southampton and Birmingham". I'd then note the fact that they both offer an industrial placement, but that Southampton has a slightly lower grade requirement - which might come in handy on results day.

Before I nudged you towards Southampton, I did a quick check on The Uni Guide to see if there were any red flags. I saw none. In fact, the fact that 96% of final year Chemistry students at Southampton agreed with the statement that "Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of the course" (see the "What students say" section on this page) is particularly impressive. That's what I'd choose as my insurance.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending