The Student Room Group

ramadan 2024 🌙

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by emm4nuella
happy ramadan! looking to learn more about it :smile:
thank youuu, and yes hopefully you can expand your knowledge about ramadan through this thread <3
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Ramadan Mubarak. Best of luck on your goals. ❤️🤗
Jazakullah Khayran !! And you too with your interview and engagement thing 👍
Original post by milktee
good luck with all of your goals and inshallah you're able to achieve them <33
ramadan mubarakkk 🤍
you too inshallah ❤✨
Reply 23
Original post by koolkhad
you too inshallah ❤✨
thank youu 🤍
Original post by milktee

RAMADAN MUBARAK 🌙

What is Ramadan?
Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, when Muslims dedicate this sacred time to prayer, fasting, asking for forgiveness and reading Qur'an. The Islamic calendar follows the lunar calendar, meaning the dates of Ramadan vary every year. Ramadan remembers the month the Qur'an was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and the actual night the Qur'an was revealed to him is called Lailat-ul-Qadr ( 'Night of Power' ), which falls in the last 10 days of Ramadan.
Muslims fast from just before dawn, with a meal called suhoor until directly after sunset, with a meal called iftar.
It is a month were we make or break habits, get closer to Allah (swt) and spend quality time with family and friends.
💚 My goals for Ramadan:

read the whole Qur'an

pray taraweeh and tahajjud everday

do lots of dhikr, and sunnah and nafl prayers

make dua for those suffering around the world

ask for forgiveness

get closer to Allah swt

give iftar to neighbours and family friends

stay on top of my revision

If you guys are worried about not being able to revise during Ramadan, I watched this video (How to Study during Ramdan) and there are so many other videos on yt that can give you an insight how to stay on top of your revision whilst also getting closer to Islam. My plan is to sleep right after Taraweeh and stay awake after Suhoor in the morning, so that I can get a couple hours of revision in the morning before school 💪🤍
I created this thread for anyone who wants to create some goals for Ramadan so that we maximise our rewards and blessings in this month and not have the thought 'I didn't do enough this Ramadan'. It can also just be a general thread for talking about anything Ramadan related and a supportive community to expand your knowledge <3
Ramadan Mubarak 🤍🤍🤍
RAMADAN MUBARK. Inshallah you achive all of your goals <3

Original post by miss_nia
YAYYY HII !! <3
inshallah you'll achieve your goals in ramadan !! plus the layout of this post is so cute!!
my goals for this ramadan are

read quran everyday, and start a quran journal

reduce music

eat healthier, drink more water, eat more fruit and veg

pray taraweeh

pray for forgiveness

donate money to charity, do charity work if i can

keep quieter at school (not that i'm not a listener, but just try to be a calmer person overall, i think it'll help me become more modest)

ramadan mubarak lovesss <333
The layout of this post rlly is so cuteee. Inshallah you achive all of your goals too my love<3

Original post by Mohammed_2000
My goals for Ramadan:
Read Quran
Pray Taraweeh
Pray lots of Salah
Give lots of Charity
I have an interview coming up shortly for my dream job. In Sha Allah may I get it 😭😭
Also do lots of dua for our Ummah but I am in a difficult stage at the minute of wanting to get engaged to a girl I want to marry and have waited 2 years for..
Inshallah everything goes well for you this ramadan and (if it is good for you) then may allah help you with your work and the engagement.

Original post by koolkhad
My goals for Ramadan:

Read a whole Quran - i wanna make sure i do this even though I have tons of school work to do

Make sure to pray my Salah including my sunnah and nafl - my mum gave me a tracker to keep up with it

Try to stay up during the night - especially in Laylatul-Qadr

Lose weight

Pray intensively to excel in my gcse and people who are in war in Palestine

Help my mum with preparing iftar

Stop listening to music and minimise swearing

Early رمضان كريم (Ramadan Kareem) to everyone !! 🌛
I hope this would be better than our last inshallah 💖🤲
RAMADAN MUBRAK. Inshallah this works out for you this ramadan, and I also want to stop swearing all togeather too. I have that goal every ramadan and it is supposed to help me. I do try. <3
Assalamu’alaikum, I didn’t think about some of the goals you mentioned! may Allah shower his blessings and mercy upon us all this ramadan and allow us to increase in faith within and beyond the holy month, ameen 😃 I’ll also recommend to everyone the “quranly” app which tracks your good deeds and something you can use whilst you may not have your physical quran on you (for example if you are outside). Also, there is a beautiful YouTube channel called Al Madrasatu Al Umariyyah” which teaches knowledge about Ramadan and Islam in a beautiful way
RAMADAN MUBRAK EVERYONE !

I want to inshallah this year try and perfect myself islamically whilst also focusing on schoolwork and everything else. My goals for this ramadan (like nearly always) are:

No listening to music at all. Only nasheeds now. My nasheed playlist going to be on a repeat.

Stop swearing. Last year this was one of my goals and me and my freinds (even the none muslim ones) tried not to swear the whole of ramadan and we kept a tally of if we did and we would get slapped for every swear. It was really effective.

Pray all my prayers on TIME. I need to stop leaving them to the last minute.

Read whole quran during ramadan. I feel like I have been neglecting it slightly and so I want to focus on my deen and the word of Allah (swt) through the quran.

Read Surah Yaseen every morning and MAKE THIS A HABBIT. I used to do this when I was younger becuase I knew it by heart but it has gone a bit wobby from me so I want to re learn it and read it every morning like I used to because if you read it in the morning I think 40 things that were going to go wronge that day go right.

Be more quite. I need to shut up and stop drawring attention to myself because this is not a modest habbit at all.

No TV, or YT, or ANIME. This is something me and my family do yearly, where we turn of all tvs, all tablets ect and we focus on family time and everything else. So this year I am only going to be using my laptop for school work and of course you lot. This way I can focus more on life and everything else instead of sitting and watching stuff all the time. (That means that after ramadan, a sign of affection is going to be complete becuase there is only 2 episodes left.)

Most of these are my goals like every year, but I love writing them down and just hopeing that I can follow through with them all. Inshallah all your goals come true along with mine.
Happy Ramadan to everyone who celebrates, I'm not Muslim but I love expanding my knowledge of other faiths and their practices, so I'm here to support you guys and widen my perspective! :heart:
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
Happy Ramadan to everyone who celebrates, I'm not Muslim but I love expanding my knowledge of other faiths and their practices, so I'm here to support you guys and widen my perspective! :heart:

Thank you ❤️
guys i am like 65% of the way through the quran already. should i start back to the beginning on first day of ramadan and try to complete it?
Original post by milktee

RAMADAN MUBARAK 🌙

What is Ramadan?
Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, when Muslims dedicate this sacred time to prayer, fasting, asking for forgiveness and reading Qur'an. The Islamic calendar follows the lunar calendar, meaning the dates of Ramadan vary every year. Ramadan remembers the month the Qur'an was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and the actual night the Qur'an was revealed to him is called Lailat-ul-Qadr ( 'Night of Power' ), which falls in the last 10 days of Ramadan.
Muslims fast from just before dawn, with a meal called suhoor until directly after sunset, with a meal called iftar.
It is a month were we make or break habits, get closer to Allah (swt) and spend quality time with family and friends.
💚 My goals for Ramadan:

read the whole Qur'an

pray taraweeh and tahajjud everday

do lots of dhikr, and sunnah and nafl prayers

make dua for those suffering around the world

ask for forgiveness

get closer to Allah swt

give iftar to neighbours and family friends

stay on top of my revision

If you guys are worried about not being able to revise during Ramadan, I watched this video (How to Study during Ramdan) and there are so many other videos on yt that can give you an insight how to stay on top of your revision whilst also getting closer to Islam. My plan is to sleep right after Taraweeh and stay awake after Suhoor in the morning, so that I can get a couple hours of revision in the morning before school 💪🤍
I created this thread for anyone who wants to create some goals for Ramadan so that we maximise our rewards and blessings in this month and not have the thought 'I didn't do enough this Ramadan'. It can also just be a general thread for talking about anything Ramadan related and a supportive community to expand your knowledge <3
Ramadan Mubarak 🤍🤍🤍
@Chronoscope @Talkative Toad @thrivingfrog @CheeseIsVeg hey guys, is it possible that one of you could maybe move this to 'faith and spirituality'? :biggrin: :heart:
Reply 31
Original post by Tatakae L
RAMADAN MUBRAK EVERYONE !

I want to inshallah this year try and perfect myself islamically whilst also focusing on schoolwork and everything else. My goals for this ramadan (like nearly always) are:

No listening to music at all. Only nasheeds now. My nasheed playlist going to be on a repeat.

Stop swearing. Last year this was one of my goals and me and my freinds (even the none muslim ones) tried not to swear the whole of ramadan and we kept a tally of if we did and we would get slapped for every swear. It was really effective.

Pray all my prayers on TIME. I need to stop leaving them to the last minute.

Read whole quran during ramadan. I feel like I have been neglecting it slightly and so I want to focus on my deen and the word of Allah (swt) through the quran.

Read Surah Yaseen every morning and MAKE THIS A HABBIT. I used to do this when I was younger becuase I knew it by heart but it has gone a bit wobby from me so I want to re learn it and read it every morning like I used to because if you read it in the morning I think 40 things that were going to go wronge that day go right.

Be more quite. I need to shut up and stop drawring attention to myself because this is not a modest habbit at all.

No TV, or YT, or ANIME. This is something me and my family do yearly, where we turn of all tvs, all tablets ect and we focus on family time and everything else. So this year I am only going to be using my laptop for school work and of course you lot. This way I can focus more on life and everything else instead of sitting and watching stuff all the time. (That means that after ramadan, a sign of affection is going to be complete becuase there is only 2 episodes left.)

Most of these are my goals like every year, but I love writing them down and just hopeing that I can follow through with them all. Inshallah all your goals come true along with mine.
RAMADAN MUBARAKK, hope you're able to achieve all your goals my love inshallah 🤍🤍🤍 and not watching tv or any anime during ramadan will help a lott to focus on my revision ahaha
Reply 32
thank you so muchhh 🤍🤍
Reply 33
Original post by ismaelishere
guys i am like 65% of the way through the quran already. should i start back to the beginning on first day of ramadan and try to complete it?
you don't necessarily need to start again so maybe continue reading and when you finish the qur'an then just start again 🤍🤍
Thank you 💖
Ramadan Mubarak!

My goals for Ramadan:

Finish the Quran

Read morning and evening adkhar daily

Learn 99 names and meanings

Read adkhar before sleep

Start my hifz journey (any females who wanna do it together or know anyone please let me know!,, I'm 19 and from London)

Pray taraweeh everyday

Go to the mosques for Jummah

Go to the mosque for night prayers as much as possible

Thank you my love, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do <3
This is such an amazing idea and a lovely thread. I hope this ramadan, we all can be better human beings. May this blessed month bring us all happiness and prosperity.
All the goals everyone has thought about are so inspiring.
My goals:

Read Quran with meaning and try to finish it (It would have been so much cooler if I understood Arabic fluently)

Listen to podcast and Surahs’ instead of music

Be a calmer person overall with a closer connection with Allah

Keep up with revision

Pray tahajud consistently

Happy Ramadan everyone 🤍
Original post by milktee
RAMADAN MUBARAKK, hope you're able to achieve all your goals my love inshallah 🤍🤍🤍 and not watching tv or any anime during ramadan will help a lott to focus on my revision ahaha
thank youuu.
And yess, its so good, I love doing it every year because its like a detox from everything
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
This is such an amazing idea and a lovely thread. I hope this ramadan, we all can be better human beings. May this blessed month bring us all happiness and prosperity.
All the goals everyone has thought about are so inspiring.
My goals:

Read Quran with meaning and try to finish it (It would have been so much cooler if I understood Arabic fluently)

Listen to podcast and Surahs’ instead of music

Be a calmer person overall with a closer connection with Allah

Keep up with revision

Pray tahajud consistently

Happy Ramadan everyone 🤍
Inshallah you do all your goal. <33

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending