The Student Room Group

revising during ramadan

salam,
since ramadan started ive been having difficulties revising because im tired all the time. i dont know how to make a schedule that works because while i want to revise i have other priorites during ramadan. currently what ido is:
wakeup at 3:30-4 to start making and eat suhoor
at 5 i pray fajr
then i read my first eight pages of quran (that takes me like 30 mins)
at 5:30 i start studying until 7
at 7 i get ready for school
i read two more pages of quran if i have time before i leave for school
at 8 i leave for school
i come back around 3
i pray duhr
at 3 30 pray asr
i then read ten oages of quran (again its around 30 mins)
at 4 - 4:30 i start revision
at 5:30 i start getting ready for iftar
6 i eat iftar and pray maghrib
at 6:30 i revisie again
at 7:30 i get ready and go to the mosque to pray ishaa and taraweeh
at 10 i come back home and do some housework
go to sleep by 11

obviously this isnt a good schedule because its the third day of ramadan and im already struggling because im always so tired. im so tired that i manage to accidently sleep in lessons and im never focused. but i want to keep my morning revision because im the most focused in the morning.
so far thats around 5 hours of sleep but somehow i get like only 4 hours idk how. excluding school i do only 4 hours of revision but it never feels focised (even before ramadan i found it difficult to focus though)
im trying to get 7s and up btw for my grades but im struggling a lot with bio cus its so much info and ive forgotten half of it but i want two 8s in science (i do combined) and with maths i need time because i want a 7 or an 8but i currently get 6/7s.
obviously i have faith in allah that He will make revising easier for me but if anyone has any ideas to help than that would be great!
jezaikallah khair.
Maybe try reading for example 4 pages of Quran after every salaah that’s way u have more time to revise and your breaking it up into segments
Reply 2
Original post by omlete
salam,
since ramadan started ive been having difficulties revising because im tired all the time. i dont know how to make a schedule that works because while i want to revise i have other priorites during ramadan. currently what ido is:
wakeup at 3:30-4 to start making and eat suhoor
at 5 i pray fajr
then i read my first eight pages of quran (that takes me like 30 mins)
at 5:30 i start studying until 7
at 7 i get ready for school
i read two more pages of quran if i have time before i leave for school
at 8 i leave for school
i come back around 3
i pray duhr
at 3 30 pray asr
i then read ten oages of quran (again its around 30 mins)
at 4 - 4:30 i start revision
at 5:30 i start getting ready for iftar
6 i eat iftar and pray maghrib
at 6:30 i revisie again
at 7:30 i get ready and go to the mosque to pray ishaa and taraweeh
at 10 i come back home and do some housework
go to sleep by 11
obviously this isnt a good schedule because its the third day of ramadan and im already struggling because im always so tired. im so tired that i manage to accidently sleep in lessons and im never focused. but i want to keep my morning revision because im the most focused in the morning.
so far thats around 5 hours of sleep but somehow i get like only 4 hours idk how. excluding school i do only 4 hours of revision but it never feels focised (even before ramadan i found it difficult to focus though)
im trying to get 7s and up btw for my grades but im struggling a lot with bio cus its so much info and ive forgotten half of it but i want two 8s in science (i do combined) and with maths i need time because i want a 7 or an 8but i currently get 6/7s.
obviously i have faith in allah that He will make revising easier for me but if anyone has any ideas to help than that would be great!
jezaikallah khair.
Salams, first of all Ramadan Mubarak. I'm looking at your schedule and MashAllah it is great that you are reading so much Qu'ran. What I would suggest to you is, maybe take some breaks when you are studying wherein you can read Qu'ran then. It's important to take breaks when studying so that you do not burn out. If you fill those breaks with Qu'ran then it will be more fulfilling. Furthermore, what I would say is, it is extremely important to make sure you do not neglect your health. You should try to get more sleep and if that means reading a little less Qu'ran during the week, Allah swt is not going to punish you for that. Futhermore, if you do not get enough sleep some day during Ramadan you might face some really difficult fasts because your sleep was neglected. Allah Does Not Burden A Soul Beyond That It Can Bear (Quran 2:286). I would suggest maybe reading less Qu'ran during school days and read more during the weekend if possible. I know that you want to do more worship during Ramadan which should be every Muslim's goal but do not beat yourself up if you need to lessen the load you have put upon yourself. Anyways I hope my advice was helpful but otherwise, I pray that Allah grants you ease. Ameen
Reply 3
Original post by dartexs
Salams, first of all Ramadan Mubarak. I'm looking at your schedule and MashAllah it is great that you are reading so much Qu'ran. What I would suggest to you is, maybe take some breaks when you are studying wherein you can read Qu'ran then. It's important to take breaks when studying so that you do not burn out. If you fill those breaks with Qu'ran then it will be more fulfilling. Furthermore, what I would say is, it is extremely important to make sure you do not neglect your health. You should try to get more sleep and if that means reading a little less Qu'ran during the week, Allah swt is not going to punish you for that. Futhermore, if you do not get enough sleep some day during Ramadan you might face some really difficult fasts because your sleep was neglected. Allah Does Not Burden A Soul Beyond That It Can Bear (Quran 2:286). I would suggest maybe reading less Qu'ran during school days and read more during the weekend if possible. I know that you want to do more worship during Ramadan which should be every Muslim's goal but do not beat yourself up if you need to lessen the load you have put upon yourself. Anyways I hope my advice was helpful but otherwise, I pray that Allah grants you ease. Ameen
salam, thank you for ur advice. the reason y im reading so much quran in a day is because i want to finish reading the whole quran this month so i need to read a juz a day (which is 20 pages) to keep up and i dont want to do less in one day and more in another because ill get overwhelmed. at the moment the problem isnt the fact im reading so much quran i only do two 30 min sessions a day and then an extra five minutes to read the last two pages. but i do really like your idea to take breaks from studying and read quran bcause it sounds like itll give me an attention boost so thanks! currently i dont know how to deal with sleeping late and waking early and i cant fins anytime during the day to get some extra sleep because the salahs are quite close together so id only get a small nap and if i wanted to study afterwards i wouldnt be able to because after a nap i usually feel very like groggy idk instead of energised. jzk, insha allah ramadan is easy for you too
Reply 4
Original post by omlete
salam, thank you for ur advice. the reason y im reading so much quran in a day is because i want to finish reading the whole quran this month so i need to read a juz a day (which is 20 pages) to keep up and i dont want to do less in one day and more in another because ill get overwhelmed. at the moment the problem isnt the fact im reading so much quran i only do two 30 min sessions a day and then an extra five minutes to read the last two pages. but i do really like your idea to take breaks from studying and read quran bcause it sounds like itll give me an attention boost so thanks! currently i dont know how to deal with sleeping late and waking early and i cant fins anytime during the day to get some extra sleep because the salahs are quite close together so id only get a small nap and if i wanted to study afterwards i wouldnt be able to because after a nap i usually feel very like groggy idk instead of energised. jzk, insha allah ramadan is easy for you too
MashAllah what a great goal! I hope you are able to reach it by the end of Ramadan. Does your school have a lunch break? Is there any way for you to get some sleep during then (maybe ask a friend of yours to wake you up 10 minutes before the end so you can adjust before class) or find a place to pray Zuhr then? You said you study better in the morning so maybe you could do more of your studying then, I suggest trying to make sure the quality of your studying is better rather than the quantity. That way you can do a little less studying but the results will be better. Plus you could probably take a small nap before Isha and Taraweeh. Maybe allocate an extra hour of studying to Saturday and Sundays ?
Reply 5
Original post by annie7864
Maybe try reading for example 4 pages of Quran after every salaah that’s way u have more time to revise and your breaking it up into segments
i was going to do that initially but the prayers are close together and afterschool i have quran reading with a techer anyways for 30 mins so i usually finish 10 pages anyways. i do that on weekends though. jzk
Original post by omlete
i was going to do that initially but the prayers are close together and afterschool i have quran reading with a techer anyways for 30 mins so i usually finish 10 pages anyways. i do that on weekends though. jzk

Yeah I try to read it after each salaah but end up reading 20-30 mins after taraweeh I just do a level revistion at collage I’ll stay behind for like 1-2 hours and pray in sixth form then focus on Quran studying and reading at home
I tried to make an intense schedule like urs but it isnt working im getting tired and im unfocused. i suggest u be more flexible and not as strict with urself. Atp imma laylatul qadr my way to those grade 9s. But you should focus on your sleep asw if ur not sleeping theres no point in revising cause u wont be able to retain the information. I also have my mocks in these first 2 weeks so i am completley burning myself out. i suggest that you do u revision mainly after sehri because thats when your mind is awake the most and fajr is the best time to study, and seeing as you wish to finish the quran you should read some pages before making suhoor and before u open ur fast and a bit after taraweeh that should help u complete ur juz a day.

Quick Reply

Latest