The Student Room Group

Motivational GYG Journey (2023-2024)

I know I'm a bit late cuz of procrastination and distraction. I've seen lots of people do this so I decided why not ?
I might not post regularly but I'll try
I do:
English Lit (AQA)
English Lang (AQA)
Maths (AQA)
Further Maths (AQA)
Physics H (AQA)
Chemistry H (AQA)
Biology H (AQA)
Creative Media (Pearsons ?)
Computer Science (OCR)
Spanish (AQA)
RE (Edexcel)
Today:
Re-read Macbeth and make summary of all Acts
Try to work on my Creative Media Essay
Review C1 and C2
Complete Physics HMW (seneca)
Revise Belief in God (Blurting)
(edited 5 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

nice bro
Reply 2
Yesterday:
I only summarised Act 1 of Macbeth and I'm so glad I did the blurting method for RE cuz I definitely remembered it :u:.
But still... I wasn't really productive (that may be because I probs chose to go out somewhere with my mum for ages .. ughh)

Today:
I went to Spanish intervention at skl in the morning for 2 hrs... was fine ig
I made notes on C1 and did exam questions. Also, I summarised Act 2 of Macbeth
I JUST REALISED I HAVE LOTS OF HMW TO DO IN THE SPACE OF 1 ONE WEEK
Reply 3
Original post by koolkhad
Yesterday:
I only summarised Act 1 of Macbeth and I'm so glad I did the blurting method for RE cuz I definitely remembered it :u:.
But still... I wasn't really productive (that may be because I probs chose to go out somewhere with my mum for ages .. ughh)

Today:
I went to Spanish intervention at skl in the morning for 2 hrs... was fine ig
I made notes on C1 and did exam questions. Also, I summarised Act 2 of Macbeth
I JUST REALISED I HAVE LOTS OF HMW TO DO IN THE SPACE OF 1 ONE WEEK

Drop the Kumon and reconsider the level 2 FMaths which is not needed.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Drop the Kumon and reconsider the level 2 FMaths which is not needed.

I can't really drop any of them cuz i just can't
I'm doing fine in FM ig but i just have to deal with it
Reply 5
I can't really drop any of them cuz i just can't
I'm doing fine in FM ig but i just have to deal with it

You don't need Kumon - it's too much if you are aiming for all 9s. The level 2 isn't worth it if it risks other subjects not being 9s ... I teach in a selective school and we don't offer it. Our GCSE and A level grades show it is not needed to do well.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
You don't need Kumon - it's too much if you are aiming for all 9s. The level 2 isn't worth it if it risks other subjects not being 9s ... I teach in a selective school and we don't offer it. Our GCSE and A level grades show it is not needed to do well.

Apparently doing further maths is meant to for people who want to do A-level maths.. that's what my teacher said.
Reply 7
Apparently doing further maths is meant to for people who want to do A-level maths.. that's what my teacher said.

It doesn't though ... why wouldn't we do it if we felt it would help? What we do is ensure the full GCSE spec is taught and spend time practising the hard stuff. FMaths includes topics that aren't even in A level!
Reply 8
Yesterday:
Halloween ofc- the only eerie thing was suspicious people knocking at the door for trick or treat ngl

I decided to write an introduction for Eng Literature for Macbeth and sent it to my teacher.

Completed C1 and P1 exam question (just realising that I have not been paying attention to biology.. I need to do that)

I wrote more on my creative media essay (if anyone wants to complete the survey here is the link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=iQyZI2eu_EqHzkcMl6_rN4UI0Ctbt9ZHoz5jv0B4fEdURURRVzlNQVVSUjkzRDE1Vk00QkMzRzFVSy4u)

Today:

Completed a past maths paper 3

Revise system software on smart revise and did practice questions

Received feedback from teacher - rly helpful

Felt like just sharing one of the quotes I found :
'Obstacles do not block the path: they are the path.'
Reply 9
Tomorrow is the last day of my holiday... Quite sad
That means 2 more weeks until mocks and I don't like how that looks ughhhh... More hmw piled on top of my old
Note to myself.... no more watching dramas and playing videogames... [b]TIME TO WORK AND REVISE!!
Today:
I finally wrote a whole Macbeth essay and sent it to my teacher
Had to revise system software again bcs for some reason my answers were weak
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 10
Today:
I had my fist set of mocks : RE and English Language
Tbh I was actually quite scared about them as they are my least favourite subjects to revise... BUT they were actually fine I'm hoping that my grade does not drop for RE as last time I got a Grade 9.
But I hope I at least improve on English Lang and get at least a 7 or 8

Tomorrow:
Biology and Computer Paper 1 exam
Calm and relaxed mind ready to put on....
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 11
Yesterday:
What was really funny was that the Computing paper was so short so people finished 30 minutes before the time😅 .
I still I'm not sure if that was actually a test lol 🙂 .
No exams today YAYY!!
Tomorrow:
Maths Paper 1 (Non-calc) and chemistry
These 2 always goes hand in hand all the time 🙂 .
Tbh honest at this point I want to go sleep but I can't so more revising
Reply 12
Today:
Maths and Chemistry was 💖✨.
Also the rainbow...

Tomorrow:
Spanish Listening and Reading... this one is always unpredictable especially Listening
BUT we can do it.
Reply 13
Last Friday:
Reading and Listening went pretty well i guess
Today:
We just had Eng Lit and Physics and they were not the worst papers THANK GOD.
U know that annoying feeling in your heart that says WHY DID YOU MAKE THAT MISTAKE after the exam... ye that how I felt with one question in physics exam... its still bugging me.... :frown:

Tomorrow: Maths (calculator exam)

Reply 14
I have not been writing a lot... I know I'm sorry
This holiday was meant to be of relaxation but I'M SOO ANNOYED IT ISN'T . My Chemistry, physics and biology teachers assigned us hmw to learn a whole topic by ourselves which is just draining. Does anyone have to do this? 😭
On top of that I have to wait for my mock results a week after and I have to come to school too on that day.
Just hope that I do well and especially improve on my English.🤞
Reply 15
So... I got my mocks back. And I must say I'm happy about it :smile:
Here they are:
RE: 9
Chemistry:9
Biology:9
Spanish: 9
Further Maths: 9
Computing: 8
Physics: 8
Maths: 8
English Lit: 7
English Language: 7
I'm really happy about the English because last time I got a 5 on both which was really disappointing. BUT I hope to improve myself :smile:
I hope everyone was happy about their mocks! Good Luck next time
Reply 17
Hello again! How's life going?
Erm.. this one is a bit nerve-racking
I have been asked to come to an interview for a sixth form. I LITERALLY CANNOT DO IT!! The worst skill I have is talking to people under formal and pressurised situations because I stutter really badly and my mind goes blank. I will try my best though
This week:

Think of a volunteering idea that will help with my magazine design in Creative Media

Revise Inspector Calls (one of my hated books to read)- maybe write a practice essay and send it to my teacher.

Start on my DoFE Physical
This will be it for now because it is the first week back of skl

Reply 18
How's everyone doing?
I just did the interview and I would say it went quite well. She just asked me one question "How would you describe yourself?" and that was it. I would say that the interview lasted shorter than my journey from the sixth form and back lol.

I have mocks coming up the second week after school
Subjects I hope to improve on:

English Lang / lit (8)

Computer science (9) - i rly want this one because in the last mocks I KEEP MAKING MISTAKES!!

Maths- (9)

What subjects would you like to improve on?
Good luck on the next set of mocks
Reply 19
ALSO...
25 days till Ramadan.. I need to prepare myself and clean my room... I want this to be a better one than last time.
How has time gone SOOO quickly??

I plan to write everyday now until my mocks so that I am motivated 🙂
First mock: 22/02/24 - Spanish speaking exam

Last time I cried after the exam.. I was just there stuttering word after word.. This time I hope I do not do that

Today:

I went to Physics Intervention at skl.. I overslept but my mum still forced me to come.. I was one hour late :frown:

Chemistry C7 : Do exam-style questions .. in my opinion this is the easiest topic in Paper 2

Re-read Inspector Calls (I have been procrastinating this one)

Take notes of a Massolit and Grow your Grades video about Ozymandias

RE: Create a poster on the Nature of God (Islam)

Maths: Do a maths paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending