The Student Room Group

HE Fee status qualification

I moved to the UK just last year August 2023 as a dependant, my parent is on a Work Visa (not EU). I’m currently in Year 12 doing my A levels. I’m planning to enter university in 2026 to satisfy the 3-year requirement. I’m well aware that fee status is determined by the universities. I’ve heard from around that it’s possible for universities to offer Home fees status despite not having a settled status. I’ve also been told that it’s possible that a Work Visa might be able to help me qualify for home fees despite not having an indefinite leave to remain at the time of application. Just wondering how true is it. Having to pay the full overseas fee is just way too difficult for me and it’s only going to get even more expensive so I’d like to settle some of my worries.

Thank you in advance!

ps sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum, im not sure which this should be under
Original post by intjyn
I moved to the UK just last year August 2023 as a dependant, my parent is on a Work Visa (not EU). I’m currently in Year 12 doing my A levels. I’m planning to enter university in 2026 to satisfy the 3-year requirement. I’m well aware that fee status is determined by the universities. I’ve heard from around that it’s possible for universities to offer Home fees status despite not having a settled status. I’ve also been told that it’s possible that a Work Visa might be able to help me qualify for home fees despite not having an indefinite leave to remain at the time of application. Just wondering how true is it. Having to pay the full overseas fee is just way too difficult for me and it’s only going to get even more expensive so I’d like to settle some of my worries.

Thank you in advance!

ps sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum, im not sure which this should be under

The following website is the best source of information regarding visa/status queries:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/information--advice/fees-and-money/home-or-overseas-fees-the-basics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending