The Student Room Group

Neurodiversity Celebration Week!

From 18th March to 24th March is Neurodiversity Celebration Week, so it starts this Monday.

This week is something that is close to my heart because I am autistic. This affects how I interact with the world, and especially other people. It also affects how I learn and process information.

For me I accomodate myself through making sure I put enough breaks in so I can process information properly without completely wearing myself out. I also make sure to revise in areas that I know will be quiet.

If you are also neurodivergent like me, I was wondering how you accomodate your difficulties and differences in school, college, sixth form, university or work.
I'm Yr13 autistic/dyspraxic and have found time out in the library reading and chilling has helped me get through secondary school. I'm applying to uni and degree apprenticeships and with the interviews for them I do a lot of research and prep to try to reduce my anxiety. Some apprenticeships have been very accommodating and will give questions in advance to candidates with ASD which really helps with the anxiety and social difficulties.
I'm autistic
At my uni they have a sensory room that I go to for a little while after lectures before doing any work
Also trying to make sure that I'm aware of the effect that the environment has on me and counteract when I'm in a space safe even though that's harder to do than it seems
I also have a uni social with autistic students so I don't feel so alone and we help each other with our issues
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending