The Student Room Group

TSR Book Club Asks...What are your favourite books?

Welcome to the thread! In light of World Book Day (7th March 2024), TSR Book Club wants to know what your favourite books are and the reason behind loving these books!

We want to hear from you, so list away!!

Check out these other links:
Official TSR Book Club 2024 - The Student Room
TSR Book Quiz Master Thread - The Student Room
TSR BookChat - The Student Room
March Book of the Month Suggestions - TSR Book Club - The Student Room

Scroll to see replies

Imma just list them:

Six of Crows Duology

Dance of Thieves duology

Scythe trilogy

GONE series (although I only ever read 4/6 books)

Powerless

Hunger games trilogy

Also when I was younger these were my absolute faves:

Percy jackson (holds a very special place in my heart)

School for good and evil series

Land of stories series

They may not be the most profound books of all time and I read a variety of genres that aren't YA fantasy/dystopia, but at the end of the day I like these best, they're fairly fast paced, good plots, interesting characters and all around just enjoyable
Original post by emm4nuella
Welcome to the thread! In light of World Book Day (7th March 2024), TSR Book Club wants to know what your favourite books are and the reason behind loving these books!

I love so many books it's hard to choose!
Some I've liked recently are:

I'm Glad My Mom Died
Just Stab Me Now
and Solitaire
Reply 4
my favourite book overall is good omens! and I actually really enjoy eve was framed by helena kennedy for the law ppl
Reply 5
I don’t really get to read that much anymore but my all time fav when I was younger has to be ‘The Six Bullerby Children’ by Astrid Lindgren ❤️
the Percy jackson series
House on the Cerulean Sea
i can only think of those two for now
Original post by froggo123
i love so many books it's hard to choose!
Some i've liked recently are:
I'm glad my mom died
just stab me now
and solitaire
ur so real for just stab me now
Original post by x-wing_pilot
ur so real for just stab me now

I'm half way through it it's so good
my favourite books:

If We Were Villains- M.L. Rio

The Martian- Andy Weir

Six of Crows- Leigh Bardugo (haven't got my hands on crooked kingdom yet!)

The Talented Mr. Ripley- Patricia Highsmith

The Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkien

honourable mentions:

Children of Time- Adrian Tchaikovsky

Project Hail Mary- Andy Weir

The Maze Runner- James Dashner (only book 1 though. the rest of the series FELL OFF)

Dune- Frank Herbert

i could keep going but it already feels like im cheating on the question😅 tbh the honourable mentions should also go in my favs but im trying to seem like im somewhat in control here
(edited 1 month ago)
Oo I love this question!
My favourite books are

the kite runner

Mornings in Jenin

the shatter me series

Honourable mentions:

the silent patient

The housemaid

The way to spring: life and death in Palestine

a thousand splendid suns !! it’s such a heartbreaking book but i’m so glad i read it, it’s so insightful and khaled housseini is such a talented writer
MY ABSOLUTE FAVE FROM A CHILDHOOD THAT I CAN READ OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN would have to be dork diaries. honestly one of the best things ever along with diary of a wimpy kid.

But ones nowerdays are

rules for perfect murders

ACOTAR series

from blood and ash series

all karen mcmanus

Good girls guid to murder series

Original post by tatakae l
my absolute fave from a childhood that i can read over and over and over again would have to be dork diaries. Honestly one of the best things ever along with diary of a wimpy kid.
But ones nowerdays are

acotar series

all karen mcmanus

good girls guid to murder series

how did i forget agggtm
Original post by study23!
how did i forget agggtm
idk bestie how did you <3333
Too many books to chose from, but here is a selection:

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams. Incredibly funny, very influential in my younger years and it's one of those comfort reads I go back to every now and again.

-The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald. Great story, every young person should feel themselves reflected in Gatsby and his ambitions and dreams.

-Notes From A Small Island, by Bill Bryson. A sort of tourist guide, short history of Britain and autobiography, in the eyes of an American. Excellent book, well worth a read.

-The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova. It's one thick bad boy (1000 pages or so, I seem to recall?) but it's addictive and it has a great way of weaving history and fiction.

-The Hound of the Baskervilles, by Arthur Conan Doyle. I'm a massive, massive Sherlock Holmes fan. All the stories are so brilliant and creative but this is definitely the high point.

-His Dark Materials, by Philip Pullman. The whole trilogy. Amazing. I was thinking what other books I really really like and then I remembered this and this is my final answer. Arguably one of the most creative and original stories ever created. Aimed at teenagers but it deals with some very, very serious stuff. Ageless, honestly. Words fail to describe how much I adore this book. Also think the world would be a better place if everyone gave this a read and understood the message. So go give it a read.

hmmm favourite I’ll have to think of but the best book I read in 2022 was lessons in chemistry and it’s definitely up there witj my favourites
Original post by Scotland Yard
Too many books to chose from, but here is a selection:

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams. Incredibly funny, very influential in my younger years and it's one of those comfort reads I go back to every now and again.

-The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald. Great story, every young person should feel themselves reflected in Gatsby and his ambitions and dreams.

-Notes From A Small Island, by Bill Bryson. A sort of tourist guide, short history of Britain and autobiography, in the eyes of an American. Excellent book, well worth a read.

-The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova. It's one thick bad boy (1000 pages or so, I seem to recall?) but it's addictive and it has a great way of weaving history and fiction.

-The Hound of the Baskervilles, by Arthur Conan Doyle. I'm a massive, massive Sherlock Holmes fan. All the stories are so brilliant and creative but this is definitely the high point.

-His Dark Materials, by Philip Pullman. The whole trilogy. Amazing. I was thinking what other books I really really like and then I remembered this and this is my final answer. Arguably one of the most creative and original stories ever created. Aimed at teenagers but it deals with some very, very serious stuff. Ageless, honestly. Words fail to describe how much I adore this book. Also think the world would be a better place if everyone gave this a read and understood the message. So go give it a read.

great gatsby is a really good one
Original post by Tatakae L
MY ABSOLUTE FAVE FROM A CHILDHOOD THAT I CAN READ OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN would have to be dork diaries. honestly one of the best things ever along with diary of a wimpy kid.

But ones nowerdays are

ACOTAR series

all karen mcmanus

Good girls guid to murder series

DONT HATE MY OPINION BUT Karen mcmanus’s books are a bit repetitive overtime imo.
Original post by aalimk
a thousand splendid suns !! it’s such a heartbreaking book but i’m so glad i read it, it’s so insightful and khaled housseini is such a talented writer

Reading that rn 🫶

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending