The Student Room Group

french speaking mock higher tier

how difficult is French speaking for higher? the last time i did it was a while ago, but it was foundation and even then i think i got like a three 😭
i mean i know it will obviously be significantly different from foundation but are there any tips that have helped anyone?? advice is much appreciated!
Original post by rafaelaaacortez
how difficult is French speaking for higher? the last time i did it was a while ago, but it was foundation and even then i think i got like a three 😭
i mean i know it will obviously be significantly different from foundation but are there any tips that have helped anyone?? advice is much appreciated!
Hi there,

The French Higher speaking tier is normally a bit more difficult than the foundation one (naturally). one big thing that helped me is watching and listening to French TV shows and radio. It lets your brain be able to decipher the reason for the sentence and are able to understand context a bit better.

Generally, if you're able to pick up a few words and verbs you can roughly guess what the question is asking for. You don't need to be fluent! I would recommend to do what I mentioned above but also to brush up on conjugating verbs!

Good luck with it all.

Ethan
Original post by Yipiyap_EthanP
Hi there,
The French Higher speaking tier is normally a bit more difficult than the foundation one (naturally). one big thing that helped me is watching and listening to French TV shows and radio. It lets your brain be able to decipher the reason for the sentence and are able to understand context a bit better.
Generally, if you're able to pick up a few words and verbs you can roughly guess what the question is asking for. You don't need to be fluent! I would recommend to do what I mentioned above but also to brush up on conjugating verbs!
Good luck with it all.
Ethan

thanks so much!!
Original post by rafaelaaacortez

hey, I still have my answers for the higher general conversation - I can pm you them if you want 🙂
Original post by erin11
hey, I still have my answers for the higher general conversation - I can pm you them if you want 🙂

hi sorry for the late reply, but yes please that would be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending